This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Been outta the loop for a bit, what's the status on microstutter and AMD?

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/4/2013 11:37:02 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Except that it isn't, and it does clearly show.

In the graphs maybe, but in actual gameplay? Like I said, you'd have to be pretty pedantic to complain about the difference.

One thing that is quite amusing though, is that SLI actually drops more runt frames than CF does, something that could arguable be a bigger issue than minute differences in frame pacing.

In the same sense that SLI is just as good as a single GPU setup at the same framerate, maybe.

So you're saying there's no perceptible difference between SLI and single card?

If you have no standards, sure.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#22Snuckie7Posted 8/4/2013 11:42:53 PM
Since when did "standards" constitute being able to notice the difference between say, a 4ms frame variance and a 2ms one?

No, this is just you being pedantic and arguing over differences that nobody will realistically be able to notice.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#23aak57Posted 8/5/2013 4:53:21 AM
hey, remember when snuckie used to argue that runt frames and microstuttering weren't an issue at all
---
Are you ready?
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
#24Snuckie7Posted 8/5/2013 9:24:31 AM(edited)
aak57 posted...
hey, remember when snuckie used to argue that runt frames and microstuttering weren't an issue at all

No, I don't either.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#25DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/5/2013 10:40:30 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
Since when did "standards" constitute being able to notice the difference between say, a 4ms frame variance and a 2ms one?

No, this is just you being pedantic and arguing over differences that nobody will realistically be able to notice.

If by "nobody", you mean "nobody with no standards".

It's actually pretty damn noticeable in a lot of games, even with small variance.
---
Want that Shield!
#26Snuckie7Posted 8/5/2013 10:42:06 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

It's actually pretty damn noticeable in a lot of games, even with small variance.

A 2ms wider frame variance is "damn noticeable"? To you and who else?
---
#27aak57Posted 8/5/2013 10:44:31 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
aak57 posted...

No, I don't either.

back in early spring you had constant fights with that xhibit dude about how runt frames aren't a negative thing
---
Are you ready?
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
#28Snuckie7Posted 8/5/2013 10:46:24 AM
aak57 posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
aak57 posted...

No, I don't either.

back in early spring you had constant fights with that xhibit dude about how runt frames aren't a negative thing

Not really, it was about if they're completely useless or not, and they're still not.
---
#29DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/5/2013 11:13:27 AM(edited)
Snuckie7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

No, that's just you downplaying the actual variance.
Never mind that this "fix" comes with it's own problems.
---
Want that Shield!
#30Snuckie7Posted 8/5/2013 11:28:44 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

No, that's just you downplaying the actual variance.
Never mind that this "fix" comes with it's own problems.

The actual variance is just about that though. If you claim such a difference is so noticeable, why don't I hear you complaining about SLI dropping more runt frames than CF? Surely gaps in the animation are far more noticeable than minute differences in frame pacing.
---