This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best place to buy a pre built PC?

#1Anticitizen97Posted 8/4/2013 7:15:11 PM
While it's irrelevant, I would like to mention that this question isn't for me, as I just finished assembling my 1000$ PC :D

Anyway, including things like brand, warranties, and getting what you pay for, where would you say is best? Thanks!

Completely off topic, but is $1000 or 1000$ the proper way to write it? Or does it even matter?
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 5
#2PhilOnDezPosted 8/4/2013 7:18:51 PM
I think at the beginning, that's definitely what looks better to me, especially if you're dealing with cents.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3Ep1taph303Posted 8/4/2013 7:22:01 PM
digitalstorm

inb4 ecollegepc
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#4DerPancakePosted 8/4/2013 7:56:03 PM
Alienware.

Cheap, Beautiful and High end PCs!!
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#5BacklogPosted 8/4/2013 7:59:03 PM
ecollegepc.com
---
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 670 | 8GB 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H | 1TB HDD |
Gamertag: The Evil Zombie / PSN: invincibleonion
#6Anticitizen97(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 8:15:51 PM
DerPancake posted...
Alienware.

Cheap, Beautiful and High end PCs!!

I call waffles!
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 5
#7overkillwfo1978Posted 8/4/2013 8:16:57 PM
I know it's not a popular opinion here, but I bought from Cyberpower and had a great experience.... 2 things though, if you are going to do this:

#1) Do NOT go with one of their prebuilt machines and just throw it in the cart. I researched the exact parts I wanted, and used one of their config units as a skeleton and basically replaced every single part with what I wanted, instead of the cheap default parts they want to sell you. People here on the PC board were very helpful in choosing parts.

#2) I bought this PC during black friday last year and Cyberpower was having a crazy sale on a lot of high end parts. Because of the one day sales they had on my 680 and 3570k, it would have actually cost me a little over $100 more to build the computer myself. This is normally not possible, so If you can, wait for them to have a good sale.

My PC arrived plug and play ready and is running cool quiet and performs amazingly. I think a lot of people who have problems with Cyberpower and the like, just buy one of their pre config units without changing default parts which are usually bottom end crap.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#8TheFeshPincePosted 8/4/2013 8:18:22 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
I know it's not a popular opinion here, but I bought from Cyberpower and had a great experience.... 2 things though, if you are going to do this:

#1) Do NOT go with one of their prebuilt machines and just throw it in the cart. I researched the exact parts I wanted, and used one of their config units as a skeleton and basically replaced every single part with what I wanted, instead of the cheap default parts they want to sell you. People here on the PC board were very helpful in choosing parts.

#2) I bought this PC during black friday last year and Cyberpower was having a crazy sale on a lot of high end parts. Because of the one day sales they had on my 680 and 3570k, it would have actually cost me a little over $100 more to build the computer myself. This is normally not possible, so If you can, wait for them to have a good sale.

My PC arrived plug and play ready and is running cool quiet and performs amazingly. I think a lot of people who have problems with Cyberpower and the like, just buy one of their pre config units without changing default parts which are usually bottom end crap.

Good luck in a year when the PSU catches fire.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#9Ep1taph303Posted 8/4/2013 8:26:50 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
overkillwfo1978 posted...

Good luck in a year when the PSU catches fire.

He's gonna need a boat. lolcyberpowerpc
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#10Cool_Dude667Posted 8/4/2013 8:27:49 PM
i got the comp in my sig from ecollegepc.com
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi