This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best place to buy a pre built PC?

#11HydroCannabinolPosted 8/4/2013 8:37:46 PM
Head to your local BestBuy and find the man in the blue shirt. This computer expert will hook you up with THE latest and greatest gaming desktop and streamline your experience all for a cheaper price than building it yourself. When people mention sites like newegg and stores like microcenter I laugh as I pull out my BestBuy rewards card.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#12overkillwfo1978Posted 8/4/2013 8:39:49 PM(edited)
TheFeshPince posted...
overkillwfo1978 posted...
I know it's not a popular opinion here, but I bought from Cyberpower and had a great experience.... 2 things though, if you are going to do this:

#1) Do NOT go with one of their prebuilt machines and just throw it in the cart. I researched the exact parts I wanted, and used one of their config units as a skeleton and basically replaced every single part with what I wanted, instead of the cheap default parts they want to sell you. People here on the PC board were very helpful in choosing parts.

#2) I bought this PC during black friday last year and Cyberpower was having a crazy sale on a lot of high end parts. Because of the one day sales they had on my 680 and 3570k, it would have actually cost me a little over $100 more to build the computer myself. This is normally not possible, so If you can, wait for them to have a good sale.

My PC arrived plug and play ready and is running cool quiet and performs amazingly. I think a lot of people who have problems with Cyberpower and the like, just buy one of their pre config units without changing default parts which are usually bottom end crap.

Good luck in a year when the PSU catches fire.

The PSU is a Corsair CX750 Bronze. Did you not read the part about me asking people on here about parts and literally changing out every part to their recommendations?
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#13overkillwfo1978Posted 8/4/2013 9:04:02 PM(edited)
TheFeshPince posted...
I know it's not a popular opinion here, but I bought from Cyberpower and had a great experience.... 2 things though, if you are going to do this:

#1) Do NOT go with one of their prebuilt machines and just throw it in the cart. I researched the exact parts I wanted, and used one of their config units as a skeleton and basically replaced every single part with what I wanted, instead of the cheap default parts they want to sell you. People here on the PC board were very helpful in choosing parts.

#2) I bought this PC during black friday last year and Cyberpower was having a crazy sale on a lot of high end parts. Because of the one day sales they had on my 680 and 3570k, it would have actually cost me a little over $100 more to build the computer myself. This is normally not possible, so If you can, wait for them to have a good sale.

My PC arrived plug and play ready and is running cool quiet and performs amazingly. I think a lot of people who have problems with Cyberpower and the like, just buy one of their pre config units without changing default parts which are usually bottom end crap.

The PSU is a Corsair CX750 Bronze. Did you not read the part about me asking people on here about parts and literally changing out every part to their recommendations?

My exact PC:

i5 3570k
16GB Corsair Vengeance ram
Gigabyte DS3H motherboard
MSI GTX 680
Corsair CX750 PSU
2TB Western Digital Black HD
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 case (this is the only thing I kind of regret, there are much better cases but I didn't put much thought into cases at the time.
Wireless card
Blu-ray/CD/DVD player

This PC was built and shipped to me for $1430 because of the black friday sale they were having. I punched these same parts into PCpartpicker at the same time last year and the cost was close to $1600. As usual, most of the hate from Cyberpower being "bad" is due to lack of knowledge from people ordering from them, if you know what you are doing and take the time to learn exactly what you want, you can actually have someone do your work for you and have them do it at the same price as it would cost you to build it or cheaper if you catch a great sale... but haters gonna hate and all that.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#14Anticitizen97(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 6:10:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll definitely check those places out.
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 5
#15Fade2black001Posted 8/5/2013 6:34:12 PM
DerPancake posted...
Alienware.

Cheap, Beautiful and High end PCs!!

LMAO. This guy....
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#16JockoPosted 8/5/2013 8:37:54 PM
TheFeshPince posted...

My exact PC:

i5 3570k
MSI GTX 680
Corsair CX750 PSU
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 case (this is the only thing I kind of regret, there are much better cases but I didn't put much thought into cases at the time.
Wireless card
Blu-ray/CD/DVD player

This PC was built and shipped to me for $1430 because of the black friday sale they were having. I punched these same parts into PCpartpicker at the same time last year and the cost was close to $1600. As usual, most of the hate from Cyberpower being "bad" is due to lack of knowledge from people ordering from them, if you know what you are doing and take the time to learn exactly what you want, you can actually have someone do your work for you and have them do it at the same price as it would cost you to build it or cheaper if you catch a great sale... but haters gonna hate and all that.

Yeah . . . well . . . uh . . . uhhhh . . . . Oh I know! Good luck in ten years when you won't be able to play modern games at high settings anymore! Everyone point and laugh guys! Ha Ha!
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#17TimePharaohPosted 8/5/2013 8:53:57 PM
Anticitizen97 posted...

Completely off topic, but is $1000 or 1000$ the proper way to write it? Or does it even matter?

How do people not know this? What fifth world country do you live in?
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#18overkillwfo1978Posted 8/5/2013 9:04:12 PM
Jocko posted...
TheFeshPince posted...

My exact PC:

i5 3570k
MSI GTX 680
Corsair CX750 PSU
Wireless card
Blu-ray/CD/DVD player

Yeah . . . well . . . uh . . . uhhhh . . . . Oh I know! Good luck in ten years when you won't be able to play modern games at high settings anymore! Everyone point and laugh guys! Ha Ha!

Yup. This is basically the response I get from everyone after explaining the situation in detail. I did my homework and got a great deal. It is possible, but you have to do research and wait for good sales. For every one of these systems that people buy, Cyberpower probably gets 5 from people who know nothing about gaming pc components, and neither would I if not for the collective knowledge of people on this board. If you buy a computer from them with a 3770k and 650ti for over $1000 bucks, it's not their fault that you didn't do your homework. They are just trying to make a buck.

I will probably order another system from them this year on black friday to replace my bedroom computer if they have the same awesome deals. I couldn't be happier with my system from them. It runs beautifully, maxes 90% of games @1080p and has never given me one bad problem.
---