This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking to get into EVE Online.

#1RedemptionBluePosted 8/5/2013 5:11:21 AM
I love spaceships and space combat, how is EVE Online like for an MMO? The only MMO's I played are WoW and Guild Wars 2. How hard would it be to get into it?
---
Steam: Redemptionblue
PSN: Redemptionblue
#2reincarnator07Posted 8/5/2013 5:19:03 AM
The learning curve has leveled out over the years, and the community is very helpful (unless you start talking smack :3). That said, it's still a complex MMO. Try to get someone to send you an invite, both you and the person who invites you get some nice things. Hopefully someone who is willing to help you through the game.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#3DaedalusExPosted 8/5/2013 5:19:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkzv-3vJn4w
#4RedemptionBlue(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 5:32:17 AM
From what I have seen the combat is played from third person, can it also be from a first person perspective or is it only third person?
---
Steam: Redemptionblue
PSN: Redemptionblue
#5ShubPosted 8/5/2013 5:47:23 AM
It's only third person and it's basically only point and click. PVP gets quite complex though, i.e. you play it just by pointing and clicking, but there's lots of things to keep in mind as you go through the "steps".
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#6Vindication123Posted 8/5/2013 9:31:19 AM
You won't be dissapointed.

Learning skills takes a real long time, several years for all.

The standard advice is to run missions first, move into PvP, then to get up mining around the same time as PvP.

You could run 3 different accounts to be self-sustaining even in a alliance. It's really fun.
---
'The Intel i7-3770 if you're rich, the i5 2500K, i53570 or i53570k if you're doing okay, the AMD A10-5800K or i3 if you're just about hanging in there.'