This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any idea where to get a gaming desk top that isn't too expensive?

#1Rome218Posted 8/5/2013 8:03:07 AM
I need an HDMI output to hook it up to my living room. I want it primarily for gaming. I would like to run games like Crysis 3 at max settings, if possible. Or Max Payne 3.

Really though, my main focus are on games that are not really graphical beasts. Games like Torchlight 2, Orcs Must Die 2, etc. Even a game like Monaco I believe has a bigger community in PC gaming.

I know a lot of people recommend getting parts on newegg. I do not know how to put together a computer. I would like the convenience of just buying something around the 500 to 600 price range.
#2SkittyOnWailordPosted 8/5/2013 8:04:42 AM
Rome218 posted...
I want it primarily for gaming. I would like to run games like Crysis 3 at max settings, if possible. Or Max Payne 3.

Rome218 posted...
I would like the convenience of just buying something around the 500 to 600 price range.

Wut?
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#3sonicteam2k1Posted 8/5/2013 8:07:09 AM(edited)
you're going to have to spend a lot more than that to run those, especially if you're buying one off the shelf.

but this post smells of trolling. the PS4 and Xbox One are $400-$500 respectively

and those games listed you can play on 360/PS3 for cheaper than those prices but not at max settings for obvious reasons.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#4Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 8:12:24 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
you're going to have to spend a lot more than that to run those, especially if you're buying one off the shelf.

but this post smells of trolling. the PS4 and Xbox One are $400-$500 respectively

and those games listed you can play on 360/PS3 for cheaper than those prices but not at max settings for obvious reasons.

This post smells of trolling? Really? Only one game I named can be played on XBLA, and that is Monaco.

Orcs Must Die 1 is on 360, and it does not support co-op like part 2. I like co-op games, hence every game I just mentioned involves co op. Orcs Must Die 2 is not coming out on XBLA.

Torchlight 2 is also not on xbox live. Part 1 is, and it is just a single player experience.

Monaco is on XBL, but the community is near dead.

How the hell does my thread sound like trolling? I am getting a next gen system, but I have become really interested in the type of games I've mentioned. I own so many arcade games on xbox, and some great ones, I cannot find anyone to play with.(Renegade Ops is one I really enjoy.)
#5arleasPosted 8/5/2013 8:14:51 AM
I do not know how to put together a computer

It's not that difficult. The absolute worst part of putting together a computer (for me at least) is when you put all the little connections from the case to the motherboard. That requires looking at a motherboard manual and making sure the two pins go in the right holes... I got it wrong and had the power light flashing for disk access and/or had the reset button act as the power button and the power button as the reset button. Not a huge deal (it still worked).

The rest of it is tightening a few screws and putting cards in slots and plugs into sockets that only have one way it will fit...

You should be able to handle a screwdriver and "insert tab A into slot B" type instructions. There's plenty of help on the internet too...

http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-build-a-computer-from-scratch-the-complete-guide

or there's probably half a dozen videos on youtube that will walk you through it.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png
#6sonicteam2k1Posted 8/5/2013 8:18:47 AM
Rome218 posted...
I am getting a next gen system

---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#7Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 8:20:09 AM
arleas posted...
I do not know how to put together a computer

It's not that difficult. The absolute worst part of putting together a computer (for me at least) is when you put all the little connections from the case to the motherboard. That requires looking at a motherboard manual and making sure the two pins go in the right holes... I got it wrong and had the power light flashing for disk access and/or had the reset button act as the power button and the power button as the reset button. Not a huge deal (it still worked).

The rest of it is tightening a few screws and putting cards in slots and plugs into sockets that only have one way it will fit...

You should be able to handle a screwdriver and "insert tab A into slot B" type instructions. There's plenty of help on the internet too...

http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-build-a-computer-from-scratch-the-complete-guide

or there's probably half a dozen videos on youtube that will walk you through it.

Thanks. Do you know any parts I should look up on newegg?

I do not NEED a PC to run Max Payne 3 on 1080p, but I would like to see it. Mainly I really want to get into Torchlight 2. I wonder if the on-line community for that is really large. I think it is, but I am not sure. I was a huge Diablo 2 fan, and I played the demo on my laptop. Unfortunately, my laptop gets absurdly hot after a few minutes of gameplay. =( If my laptop didn't, I'd be playing Torchlight 2 online right now. I want to play that game so bad.
#8Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 8:29:52 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Rome218 posted...
I am getting a next gen system

I do not understand what you are getting at. Am I not allowed to have a console and pc to play games? I am not with this console vs pc nonsense, I just like playing video games. Been my hobby since I was a kid and the NES came out. I hate fanboys, they're idiots.
#9Vindication123Posted 8/5/2013 9:21:54 AM
Decide on the graphic quality you want to play at, first. Or just give yourself a budget. A normal budget is $1000 every few years.
---
'The Intel i7-3770 if you're rich, the i5 2500K, i53570 or i53570k if you're doing okay, the AMD A10-5800K or i3 if you're just about hanging in there.'
#10Spidey555Posted 8/5/2013 9:28:38 AM
Just build one yourself, you can build a decent medium range computer for $600
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555