This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any idea where to get a gaming desk top that isn't too expensive?

#11Knight2520Posted 8/5/2013 9:37:21 AM(edited)
I would like to run games like Crysis 3 at max settings,

500 to 600

Not happening. Ever. That just smacks of either ignorance or obvious trolling.

That said, do you have any peripherals you can salvage? A mouse, monitor, keyboard?
---
Is that the ship from Mass Effect? - ZanySniper on the USS Enterprise
#12Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 10:01:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13Knight2520Posted 8/5/2013 10:10:27 AM(edited)
I have heard people tell me I could get a gaming PC for that range.

You can, but Crysis 3 is one of the most demanding games out there. Computers more expensive than what your budget is have trouble with maxing Crysis 3. Did you not even see my question? The first bit was informing you the "why" behind some of the more rude responses earlier in the topic. The only rude person was sonic.
---
GENERATION 117: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number. Consider it a social experiment.
#14MasterDonGeroPosted 8/5/2013 10:23:31 AM(edited)
Rome218 posted...
Wow, sorry I came to this lousy board. Ignorance or trolling? I have heard people tell me I could get a gaming PC for that range.

I have never seen so many defensive people who go out of their way to be offensive. How old are you all? I feel like I'm trying to have a serious discussion and I'm talking to insecure little 15 year olds.

Nevermind, I will get information about this from people that are not what some of the people on this boards are: Jack asses.

Literally one person was rude. And others tried to help, but you ignored them. I can't imagine why people think you're trolling...
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#15Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 5:55:50 PM
My mistake, I guess I got offended the first time that guy called me a troll with very little merit. I'm a 30 year old man for crying out loud. :P It feels like I am sitting at a poker table and because I'm new at the table, everyone is trying to call me out as cheating when there isn't even money on the table.

I don't get amused in getting into arguments when I just want help. I did see this on bestbuy's website:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Desktop+-+4GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/1494231.p?id=1219052697656&skuId=1494231&st=desktop&cp=1&lp=9

So okay, someone told me that Crysis 3 was a lot less demanding than Crysis 1. This is someone I know irl. He seems to know a lot about PCs, but I do not get to see him much. He was trying to tell me how great PC gaming is, and I know how great steam is. I came here to get opinions because I believe the people here than my colleague.

My whole thing is being upset with the lack of BC games, and a larger market on PC. I loved torchlight 1 and Orcs Must Die, and the PC has the sequels along with a larger community. I would want a PC primarily for gaming, and probably nothing else since I have a notebook. I had a feeling 600 is too good to be true.

I posted a link from bestbuy because I saw that, but I am so out of touch with specs. People have come on the 360 messageboards several times in the past saying that someone can get a gaming PC very cheap now days. I suppose they were just trolling. :P
#16MangoPiratePosted 8/5/2013 6:08:09 PM
That's not a great computer there. Before I get into anything, yes, you can get a decent computer for about $600. Won't be amazing or anything, but it'll do what you want. Now, for this to happen you have to already have a mouse, keyboard, monitor, and preferably a copy of windows that you can use.

So, do you have those and if not would you be willing to raise your budget at all? Mouse and keyboard can be relatively cheap, the others, not as much.
#17Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 6:56:36 PM
MangoPirate posted...
That's not a great computer there. Before I get into anything, yes, you can get a decent computer for about $600. Won't be amazing or anything, but it'll do what you want. Now, for this to happen you have to already have a mouse, keyboard, monitor, and preferably a copy of windows that you can use.

So, do you have those and if not would you be willing to raise your budget at all? Mouse and keyboard can be relatively cheap, the others, not as much.

I do have a wireless keyboard and my old Logitech gaming mouse. I do not remember what it was called, but it was popular like.. in 2005. :P Logitech MX510. I want to use my 50 inch living room plasma to play games, and just have it next to whatever console I get. I suppose if I do not buy a next gen console, then yeah.. I would have a lot bigger budget.

I am on a budget and maybe this isn't the best time to get a gaming PC. I was just hoping, since without BC with the new consoles, I could play some less tax demanding games I've mentioned along with some of my favorite console games in full 1080p glory.(Again, I would love to see Crysis 3 and Max Payne 3 on a gaming PC.)

I haven't been a pc gamer in a long time, and out of the blue I downloaded steam the other day and was impressed on how the interface changed since I last was a PC gamer. When I used to spend a lot of money on PC gaming, it was around the time FEAR was a big deal and a very demanding game.
#18QuestofChosenPosted 8/5/2013 7:24:48 PM
Rome218 posted...
MangoPirate posted...

I do have a wireless keyboard and my old Logitech gaming mouse. I do not remember what it was called, but it was popular like.. in 2005. :P Logitech MX510. I want to use my 50 inch living room plasma to play games, and just have it next to whatever console I get. I suppose if I do not buy a next gen console, then yeah.. I would have a lot bigger budget.

I am on a budget and maybe this isn't the best time to get a gaming PC. I was just hoping, since without BC with the new consoles, I could play some less tax demanding games I've mentioned along with some of my favorite console games in full 1080p glory.(Again, I would love to see Crysis 3 and Max Payne 3 on a gaming PC.)

I haven't been a pc gamer in a long time, and out of the blue I downloaded steam the other day and was impressed on how the interface changed since I last was a PC gamer. When I used to spend a lot of money on PC gaming, it was around the time FEAR was a big deal and a very demanding game.

Why not get a next-gen console later? At launch the new consoles are going to have very similar games to a PC. Get a console when the library starts to build up. With a PC you'll be able to play current gen and next gen titles. Not to mention those next gen titles will also be cheaper on PC. $900-$1000 will get a very nice pc especially with the new AMD video cards launching in October-November. Save some money and build a PC later this year or next year.
#19Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 7:28:49 PM
QuestofChosen posted...
Rome218 posted...
MangoPirate posted...

Why not get a next-gen console later? At launch the new consoles are going to have very similar games to a PC. Get a console when the library starts to build up. With a PC you'll be able to play current gen and next gen titles. Not to mention those next gen titles will also be cheaper on PC. $900-$1000 will get a very nice pc especially with the new AMD video cards launching in October-November. Save some money and build a PC later this year or next year.

Yeah I am considering that. There are some games I would really enjoy on the Xbox One. I think that is a bad word around here, lol. However, I am someone who thinks Dead Rising 3 looks amazing, and I am excited about Ryse: Son of Rome, despite the heavy criticism about the perceived QTE. Apparently the kill will just happen, pressing the button at the right time just gives you more experience.

Okay, will a 900-1000 dollar computer run Max Payne 3 at it's highest setting, as well as Crysis 3? Max Payne 3 is my favorite game, that is why I keep bringing it up, lol. =)
#20QuestofChosenPosted 8/5/2013 7:33:29 PM
Dead Rising 3 does look amazing. A $900 PC will max out Max Payne 3. Crysis 3 is another story. But, Crysis 3 should be doable if you don't mind 30fps.