This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quite impressed with Intel HD 4000

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quite impressed with Intel HD 4000
3 years ago#1
Having purchased a new Lenovo Yoga to replace my last archaic laptop, I thought I would finally join the Steam bandwagon... at least to play some of those very old titles that an ultrabook could theoretically run.

I naturally tried some more graphics-heavy titles, including Deux Ex: Human Revolution, Trine 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and a number of others, able to play on high settings, albeit with lesser or no anti-aliasing on some (not a big deal for me anyway).

Anyone else sporting an HD 4000 have any other title recommendations that surprised you at their ability to run well?
PSN: SeventhLegion
NNID: MrKupka
3 years ago#2
I play some games on my MS Surface Pro with an Intel HD 4000, unfortunately space is limited so I haven't installed very many games, but a great deal of games work great.

Elven Legacy runs really well on Intel HD 4000
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
3 years ago#3
I was able to play World of Warcraft on High at about 25 FPS (turned off shadows and stuff like light shafts).

Diablo 3 was more of a medium-low settings.

Still, not too bad for integrated. Makes me wonder how HD 4600/5000 fare
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
3 years ago#4
Do you have minecraft? People ask how it runs on that gpu on that board all the time and someone ends up recommending a laptop with an APU that magically somehow runs the game better than my 3570k/670 when I know that's not possible because my 2.9ghz phenom II x4 bottlenecks that game at 40 fps and I don't see how they're getting 100-200 fps on a 1.8ghz APU with everything maxed.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
3 years ago#5
I have Intel® HD Graphics 4600

its basically useless.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
3 years ago#6
I have an optimus laptop so I can choose to run HD 4000. I've noticed the HD 4000 runs the console ports really well on decent settings. Grid 2 looks quite good and gets 30-45fps on med-high. Tera runs well, Devil may Cry, and Bioshock infinite runs well on med.
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz, 24GB DDR3 1600, Evga Gtx 670 FTW.
3 years ago#7
Does it play Dark Souls? I'm interested in getting a new macbook air and just wiping it clean of osx and installing windows 8 on it. That or I'll get a decent windows alternative. I would like to know if the intel hd 5000 can play DS at 720p on that chipset.
Still has a glimmer of hope for Shenmue III
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 4 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
3 years ago#8
Killah Priest posted...
I have Intel® HD Graphics 4600

its basically useless.

why, it runs everything I throw at it smooth.

Anyways games that work smoothly on the latest drivers from Intel for HD4000:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Skyrim(medium-high) looks and runs better than console versions
COD4-Black Ops2
Crysis medium settings
Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
DmC Devil May Cry
Sonic Generations
Jet Set Radio HD
Dead Island
Gears of War
TF2
Pretty much any F2P mmofps/mmorpgs
NBA2k13
Sleeping Dogs
Just Cause 2
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Minecraft of course
and much more.

Basically a crap load of modern games except a few.
Also remember almost any modern game with low to medium settings basically looks better than the console versions except a few.

If you haven't updated your intel hd 4000 drivers then make sure you head to intel page right away as they give a dramatic improvement
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063467937.png Deleted my old sig since some mod apparantly got offended because I mentioned Penn State.
3 years ago#9
revolver posted...
Does it play Dark Souls? I'm interested in getting a new macbook air and just wiping it clean of osx and installing windows 8 on it. That or I'll get a decent windows alternative. I would like to know if the intel hd 5000 can play DS at 720p on that chipset.

After you apply DSfix, it's great.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063467937.png Deleted my old sig since some mod apparantly got offended because I mentioned Penn State.
3 years ago#10
PhilOnDez posted...
Do you have minecraft? People ask how it runs on that gpu on that board all the time and someone ends up recommending a laptop with an APU that magically somehow runs the game better than my 3570k/670 when I know that's not possible because my 2.9ghz phenom II x4 bottlenecks that game at 40 fps and I don't see how they're getting 100-200 fps on a 1.8ghz APU with everything maxed.

They're not getting 100-200 FPS.

I have an A6 3400m with a 6520g....6520g being slightly below the HD 4000, or close to equal. I get like 30-40 FPS on "fast" graphics.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quite impressed with Intel HD 4000

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived