This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys know anything about this Space Hulk game coming out soon?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you guys know anything about this Space Hulk game coming out soon?
3 years ago#1
I hear it's based on a boardgame and I like that because I've always thought boardgame rulesets are much more elegant and (most) videogames seem bloated in comparison. Anyways, I was trying to find out info on it but I still have a few questions I hope someone here knows the answer to.

Is this game directly based on the boardgame rules or is it just 'inspired by'? Will reading this massive 100+ page rulebook teach me the game? I ask because the only reason I know WTF is going in Blood Bowl is because I was able to print up and read the actual physical rulebook and I'd like to do the same with Space Hulk

http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/ressurected/shbible/Space_Hulk_Bible_1st_edtion.pdf

If you know of a better rules source for the videogame, please link me to it!
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
3 years ago#2
I've never played Space Hulk, but if the manual is anything at all like the manual(s) for Warhammer 40,000, I would not expect to understand the game after reading it.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
3 years ago#3
Weren't those action beat-em-ups? From what I understand about Space Hulk, it's turn based and based on the boardgame. So I'm wondering if it's a direct adaptation or what.
3 years ago#4
Download DOSbox and the original Space Hulk game.
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
3 years ago#5
It's literally the old board game turned into a computer game. Same missions and everything.

I'm waiting for reviews, but I'll probably pick it up.
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
3 years ago#6
Monkeymage posted...
Download DOSbox and the original Space Hulk game.

I looked it up and seen that it was real time, not turn based. I'm not interested in that.
(message deleted)
3 years ago#8
Space Hulk isn't that complicated, rules-wise. I'm sure the game will be able to explain it in a few minutes to you. The older video games are a completely different RTS hybrid thing, but they're cool too.
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
3 years ago#9
pothocket posted...
Weren't those action beat-em-ups? From what I understand about Space Hulk, it's turn based and based on the boardgame. So I'm wondering if it's a direct adaptation or what.

Warhammer 40,000 is a turn based strategy war game. The Action beat-em-up video game adaptations do not resemble the rules to the real Warhammer 40k at all. Space Hulk is designed to be absolutely true to the rules of the board game.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you guys know anything about this Space Hulk game coming out soon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived