This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really dislike 2 weapon limit

#1Fimble_the_magePosted 8/5/2013 11:25:39 AM
Why do so many games have a weapon limit? Does anybody like it? To me it seems like it's done a lot of damage to the shooter genre.
---
Omegle is the worst site ever
#2LordSeiferPosted 8/5/2013 11:26:19 AM
to answer the question how does he carry all those guns
---
^ this
#3LoshadtPosted 8/5/2013 11:27:02 AM
Because it's tacticool. You don't like tacticool?
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#4romsnbombsPosted 8/5/2013 11:27:44 AM
Personally, I prefer to keep things simple. But I don't want a limit, I'd rather just be able to throw the weapons away, like you could in Crysis
---
2600k | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | GTX 780 | 700W silent pro
#5dennis941012Posted 8/5/2013 11:28:46 AM
borderland is your friend
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzwNvWsbJKQ
#6Orestes417Posted 8/5/2013 11:35:49 AM(edited)
and to get the player to make tactical choices about what they carry. And no, having access to more guns at once didn't make games like Doom and Quake a damn bit better than if they had had a two gun limit. What made them better was the fact enemies actually *needed* different types of weapons to be dealt with effectively. I'd argue that they'd be better games if you had to make hard choices of what firepower to actually carry and when to drop it.

---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#7Fimble_the_mage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 11:31:31 AM
It isn't really tactical at all. It just makes the game less fun and leads to homogenization of weapon types.
---
Omegle is the worst site ever
#8Ch3wyPosted 8/5/2013 11:34:23 AM
Go yell at Bungie, it's their fault.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#9Mystical_NEETPosted 8/5/2013 11:35:38 AM
It was discovered during studies and playtesting that players got annoyed having to switch to the right weapon. Why not be restricted to the one weapon you want to use?

(So yeah, blame the 12-year olds hired as testers for a lot of the bulls*** in modern gaming)
#10SteamsterPosted 8/5/2013 11:37:16 AM(edited)
Fimble_the_mage posted...
It isn't really tactical at all. It just makes the game less fun and leads to homogenization of weapon types.

How exactly does it lead to a homogenization of weapon types?

And you asked if other people like it, guy. Some people like managing their inventory because they feel a sense of reward for competently factoring in the value of what they bring versus what they leave behind.

There are f*** tons of games without the mechanic, so it's pretty easy to avoid it anyway.