This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your thoughts on Occulus Rift?

#1SnoicFactorPosted 8/5/2013 2:24:23 PM
I was thinking to preorder the dev kit. Havent beaten half life 2 and I enjoy team fortress 2. The consumer version seems a long ways off. Do you guys recommend it? Any other big titles that use it?
---
nt
#2ChromaticAngelPosted 8/5/2013 2:26:52 PM
I'm going to do an Oculus Rift + Omni + Razer Hydra set up around January.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#32Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 8/5/2013 2:29:02 PM
I think I'll wait a few years til it's cheaper and implemented into more things.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#4revolverPosted 8/5/2013 2:30:30 PM
Waiting for the consumer model with a higher resolution screen and proper support but I'm really pumped for it. The buzz around it sounds really amazing and it seems like this will be a massive step in immersive gaming.
---
Still has a glimmer of hope for Shenmue III
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 4 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#5synthetiksinPosted 8/5/2013 2:35:33 PM
It's pretty good as is, the thing actually sells it to your brain. If the consumer version is going to be what they say it is(cheaper, more comfortable, higher res), you probably should just wait.
#6steveboblarryPosted 8/5/2013 2:36:47 PM
Sword art online will soon become a reality
---
I like butter toast
#7Lemur_HPosted 8/5/2013 2:37:11 PM
revolver posted...
Waiting for the consumer model with a higher resolution screen and proper support but I'm really pumped for it. The buzz around it sounds really amazing and it seems like this will be a massive step in immersive gaming.
#8Lemur_HPosted 8/5/2013 2:38:00 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
I'm going to do an Oculus Rift + Omni + Razer Hydra set up around January.

Eh... Razer Hydra is crap. No post-launch support. No true integration with games.
#9ATARIJAWAPosted 8/5/2013 2:40:18 PM
I would wait for the consumer version. Playing one now with the low resolution it has makes it seem as if you are playing the game through a screen door. it's kind of disorientating.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 104
#10jake-sfPosted 8/5/2013 2:40:41 PM
The consumer version should be out this year, no?

Wait for that to at least come out. Yeah I want it badly too, but I think its worth waiting to see what they do with it. Nothing bad will come out from waiting at least for the consumer release.

I'm really excited for it though. The only issue I've ever really noticed about it so far that is not going to be fixed is the FOV, which seems rather small for what is supposed to be virtual reality goggles. I kind of expect for the initial consumer version to remain with that FOV, and eventually (maybe years later) one with a much more believable FOV.

Even with that issue though, the consumer version seems like its going to be great. Wait for that. Patience is good for your money.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/