This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your thoughts on Occulus Rift?

#21R i c kPosted 8/5/2013 5:37:15 PM
Every time I hear about some odd new thing done with a Rift my reasons for needing one grows. I don't even care much about the gaming potential. There's just a ton of fun things people are doing with them and I'd love to try it out.

From what's been explained so far, it seems the effect is quite impressive. Tax return splurge confirmed.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#22Hicks233Posted 8/9/2013 11:50:03 AM
Personally? It's yet another gimmick that has a group frothing at the mouth. I'll stick with a good, large screen and if I'm desperate to have a free look functionality then I'll waste money on Track IR. No desire to wear a bulky pair of goggles though.
---
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
Sheep are propper dumb, they run away when you go to stroke em
#23somebody336Posted 8/9/2013 11:51:14 AM
Looks great and hopefully it takes off. But I'm personally gonna wait for a smaller model and one that looks more stylish lawl
#24SchoolRumblePosted 8/9/2013 11:52:50 AM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
I think I'll wait a few years til it's cheaper and implemented into more things.

Assuming you're still alive in a few years. Can happen at any time, may as well just get it.
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
#25Killah PriestPosted 8/9/2013 11:54:22 AM
stupid as hell, I don't want to look like a moron wearing a helmet while gaming.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#26jake-sfPosted 8/9/2013 11:57:38 AM
Killah Priest posted...
stupid as hell, I don't want to look like a moron wearing a helmet while gaming.

You sound like one without it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#27KillerTrufflePosted 8/9/2013 12:09:13 PM
Killah Priest posted...

Personally, I don't game for how I appear to others. I game for my own entertainment.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#28MwulfPosted 8/9/2013 1:05:53 PM
I think it's silly. Much prefer to use a screen than a VR helmet.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#29TnykuuhPosted 8/9/2013 1:07:11 PM
useless and uninterested tech, like those 3D glasses for movie...
---
Some fear death, others pray for it.
#30Killah PriestPosted 8/9/2013 3:36:30 PM
Personally, I don't game for how I appear to others. I game for my own entertainment.

I don't care about how I appear to others, I care about how I appear to myself tho. Its mostly that I hate wearing things, headphones, headsets, glasses, they annoy me.

You sound like one without it.

I must be doing something right then.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.