This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

assassins creed 3 any good?

#1thebladeofwoePosted 8/5/2013 5:16:18 PM
Any user reviews? Getting just for sp if i do.

Also will my laptop run it?

A10 (@2.3)
8gb
HD 7660G + 7670M

Also if i buy the retail version, where does it unlock? Uplay or steam?

Thanks in advance. Guys :-)
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#2jebralPosted 8/5/2013 5:26:35 PM(edited)
it's Uplay.

And the game is good, but aggravating. Super slow, glacial pace, fidgety controls even by AC standards, and potentially still quite glitchy even though it's been patched a good bit since release.

Don't spend too much on it unless you really love AC and can be forgiving.

Edit: Didn't know you could have dual graphic cards in a notebook. Huh.

---
Pudding: It wiggles and jiggles.
#3beezer08Posted 8/5/2013 5:25:24 PM
It's a solid game but the main character is insanely boring after starting out strong.
---
PSN/Steam: beezer08
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif
#4Trupp88Posted 8/5/2013 5:25:51 PM
It's decent. Whichever client you choose to buy it from, you have to run it through Uplay. And because of Uplays DRM, you'll probably have to be connected online. I did find a work around for it though. Run the game through the exe. in the folder you installed to.
#5daemon_danPosted 8/5/2013 5:25:56 PM
It will register to Uplay, which you will need if you buy it on steam anyway. I loved the game, it has its flaws, like all of the AC games, but worth a play in my opinion. Those specs seem like enough to play it, but the game says it doesn't support mobile GPUs. Probably just a disclaimer so you can't b**** them out if it doesn't work, and should still work fine.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#6thebladeofwoe(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 5:35:34 PM(edited)
daemon_dan posted...
It will register to Uplay, which you will need if you buy it on steam anyway. I loved the game, it has its flaws, like all of the AC games, but worth a play in my opinion. Those specs seem like enough to play it, but the game says it doesn't support mobile GPUs. Probably just a disclaimer so you can't b**** them out if it doesn't work, and should still work fine.

Hmm that is quite the worry. ( it is only 20, so not a total loss aha.)

EDIT: it says anything upto the AMD HD 7000series. I should be fine XD
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#7CatToyPosted 8/5/2013 5:41:20 PM(edited)
Not the greatest entry in the series but I enjoyed it. The naval combat is awesome and I am looking forward to the next game because of it.

Biggest problem I have is that besides naval combat it doesn't really sell you on the side content. I didn't realize the guild assassin missions were even available until half way through when I noticed the option on the interface, I don't even remember being told. Side missions are brought up early on too but you're never really pushed in the direction to complete them. Once again, it wasn't until late in the game that I realized I had stacked up a ton quests to upgrade the villa and region because the game does a poor job of making you aware of their existence. They're by far the most interesting part of the story too as they actually humanize Connor who is otherwise pretty dull.
---
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
3DS: 0301 9786 1157
#8DragnfyrPosted 8/5/2013 5:43:35 PM
It was okay. It added a few new game mechanics like hunting which were cool but the American Revolution is definitely not as interesting of a setting as Renaissance Italy.
---
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.8.4 | Windows 8 Pro
#9MaximoomPosted 8/5/2013 5:49:48 PM
Played it for a few hours and uninstalled later. I am glad i rented it before buying.

This is kinda sad, cause i really liked AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations. I made it to sequence 3, but i just couldnt push myself to play any longer, the game is soo slow paced and boring that it made me sleep in the noon.
#10daemon_danPosted 8/5/2013 5:55:48 PM
Maximoom posted...
Played it for a few hours and uninstalled later. I am glad i rented it before buying.

This is kinda sad, cause i really liked AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations. I made it to sequence 3, but i just couldnt push myself to play any longer, the game is soo slow paced and boring that it made me sleep in the noon.

Uninstalled?
Rented?
What?
Yarr?
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."