This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider vs Bioshock Infinite

#1VondasPosted 8/5/2013 5:28:55 PM
I feel like Tomb Raider lived in the shadows of Infinite and all of its hype. Personally, I felt Tomb Raider was the best game I played this year and Infinite was a boring pile of garbage. With all the hate and outrage for games like ME3 and RE6, I don't understand all the love and praise for Infinite. Tomb Raider was a little on the short side but it was worth at least a second play through.

Which game do you like more and why?
#2mccue166Posted 8/5/2013 5:30:33 PM
I prefer Infinite. For whatever reason, I can't get into the story on Tomb Raider.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1d61L
#3ShubPosted 8/5/2013 5:30:57 PM
I beat Bioshock Infinite before I started playing TR, and I have not beaten TR yet, but I like it better than Bioshock.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/5/2013 5:33:04 PM
I had more fun in TR. I enjoyed every bit of it, where as Bioshock Infinite felt repetitive in some parts and boring.
#5DerPancakePosted 8/5/2013 5:35:27 PM
The naked mod makes and jiggle mod, makes Tomb Raider more enjoyable than it already is.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#6g_lethalPosted 8/5/2013 5:36:17 PM
i have not played bioshock yet cause i'm waiting for all of it to release, but i thought TR was a dull game overall, everything was automatic and lara was insanely overpowered, felt like i was playin crysis with the hot chick mod.
---
"Remember Me" is awesome
#7ShebeskiiPosted 8/5/2013 5:37:44 PM
I liked Tomb Raider more over all, but Bioshock was nearly as good.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#8darkdragon_9600Posted 8/5/2013 5:39:08 PM
Infinite.

Tomb Raider was fun and all, but Bioshock felt more well done and fun.

Also, when it comes to boobs, I liked Elizabeth's more >.>
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#9romsnbombsPosted 8/5/2013 5:39:33 PM
Tomb raider definitely the better game imo.

Though I can't say I liked the quick time events. Also, what was the point of making the game semi open world, when it is empty world as you go back to it? Revisiting some of the lonely and remote locations almost made me feel sad, like when you are having fun with friends and afterwards they are gone. Nevertheless, they were awesome locations, I just wish more stuff was there again.
---
2600k | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | GTX 780 | 700W silent pro
#10Vondas(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 5:46:06 PM
I didn't mean to slam infinite, it's just that the gameplay was a struggle throughout. The game had a good story, but I thought 1 and 2 were both better games. Tomb Raider is too easy but it's fun factor dominates. The RPG elements could have been done better but they added a new level of enjoyment to the game. I understand die hard fans of the series didn't like how it turned into a blockbuster action title, but the game kept me interested. Bioshock's combat made it impossible for me to stay interested in the story. GOTY? Really?

I played a few hours of infinite and then started tomb raider and didn't finish infinite until after I beat tomb raider. I read a sequel is already in the works.