This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider vs Bioshock Infinite

#11Dark_SpiretPosted 8/5/2013 5:48:27 PM
i had more fun playing TR, but BI had a bigger impact on me if only for the story.

in the end, TR.
---
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns
#12Vondas(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 5:51:50 PM
romsnbombs posted...
Tomb raider definitely the better game imo.

Though I can't say I liked the quick time events. Also, what was the point of making the game semi open world, when it is empty world as you go back to it? Revisiting some of the lonely and remote locations almost made me feel sad, like when you are having fun with friends and afterwards they are gone. Nevertheless, they were awesome locations, I just wish more stuff was there again.

I completely agree with you. It made going back to %100 the game feel pointless. I guess it wouldn't make sense for the natives to respawn, but it was really lame regardless.
#13Mystical_NEETPosted 8/5/2013 6:00:51 PM
BI had the better story and atmosphere (sometimes). TR had better everything else.

I enjoyed BI but looking back on it, the gameplay dropped the ball in quite a few ways. TR was a simpler game sure, but accomplished its goal fairly well. For one thing it makes sense for the enemies in TR to act like crazy goons, whereas BI has normal townspeople and policemen turn into suicidal crazed nutjobs (i.e. acting like Splicers).
#14revolverPosted 8/5/2013 6:13:33 PM
Mystical_NEET posted...
BI had the better story and atmosphere (sometimes). TR had better everything else.

I enjoyed BI but looking back on it, the gameplay dropped the ball in quite a few ways. TR was a simpler game sure, but accomplished its goal fairly well. For one thing it makes sense for the enemies in TR to act like crazy goons, whereas BI has normal townspeople and policemen turn into suicidal crazed nutjobs (i.e. acting like Splicers).

While I agree with a lot of what you said, it makes sense in the context of the story. Columbia was full of brainwashed religious fundies who lived in a society full of religious propaganda. There was posters everywhere about the false shepherd and they truly believed he was an enemy of their state and religion.

Beliefs that are rooted that deep will make people do crazy things, just like shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqYAyBNk16A
---
Still has a glimmer of hope for Shenmue III
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 4 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#15Mystical_NEETPosted 8/5/2013 6:20:02 PM
revolver posted...

While I agree with a lot of what you said, it makes sense in the context of the story. Columbia was full of brainwashed religious fundies who lived in a society full of religious propaganda. There was posters everywhere about the false shepherd and they truly believed he was an enemy of their state and religion.

Beliefs that are rooted that deep will make people do crazy things, just like shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqYAyBNk16A

That's a lot different. There is a thing called "in the spirit" where very spiritual people start succumbing to hysteria (whether it's real or not is for you do decide). But outside of church they act pretty normal. In BI they just go from standing around randomly to instantly out for blood, and it's just really silly how violent they become. Plus this isn't just the Columbia citizens, the bums/commoners/revolutionaries act the exact same way in combat.

They should've just put some effort in to make new enemy AI patterns. Something a bit more human.
#16lionheart5656Posted 8/5/2013 6:28:24 PM
Vondas posted...
I feel like Tomb Raider lived in the shadows of Infinite and all of its hype. Personally, I felt Tomb Raider was the best game I played this year and Infinite was a boring pile of garbage. With all the hate and outrage for games like ME3 and RE6, I don't understand all the love and praise for Infinite. Tomb Raider was a little on the short side but it was worth at least a second play through.

Which game do you like more and why?

I had the same feeling except the exact opposite.

Tomb Raider is utter trash and Infinite blows it completely out of the water.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#17Lwaxana_TroiPosted 8/5/2013 6:30:02 PM
I liked Tomb Raider's gameplay, but I hated how Lara was so drastically different from the previous games. I know it was supposed to be an origin story that explained why Lara is now badass, but I don't get why Lara can't just be naturally badass... like Indiana Jones. Seemed kinda sexist that they had to come up with a "reason" for her.
#18Combo MasterPosted 8/5/2013 6:36:07 PM
Tomb raider just because i don't like fps games that much anymore. To me now it's like i'm playing the same **** over and over. Infinite is great though but probably the most over rated game this year.
---
Combo Master
#19darkdragon_9600Posted 8/5/2013 6:37:36 PM
Honestly, for an Action game, TR was slow. That was kinda weird, not to mention the tomb raiding is pretty much secondary and the survival aspects are tacked on. So many potential lost, it kept me from thinking highly of it. It's solid, but nothing special to me.

It does have something special, though. Best bow I ever used.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#20SnipeStarPosted 8/5/2013 6:54:19 PM
i greatly enjoyed both games
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01