This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider vs Bioshock Infinite

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tomb Raider vs Bioshock Infinite
2 years ago#21
I thought both had mediocre gameplay and stories. I took some time to look around Columbia but I didn't think the setting was that interesting either and playing Dishonored almost immediately after Infinite didn't help my retrospective impressions.
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
2 years ago#22
Tomb Raider had a lot of problems so prevalent with modern AAA games these days. Mediocrity at it's finest.
Haven't played BI, but it looks a damn sight better from what I've seen.
Shut your BF28/9 sound hole and listen up.
I came here to laugh at you.
2 years ago#23
Bioshock Infinite had one of the most well told stories to date IMO. It was like a modern day fairy tale, with Elizabeth being one of the most likable and alive characters in a game.

Yeah the ending left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth but it was great until then.
Still has a glimmer of hope for Shenmue III
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 4 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
2 years ago#24
I don't even have Tomb Raider, and Bioshock Infinite was is my favorite and best singleplayer game this year so far. Not sure if it can exceed that.
2500k @4.2 GHz | Z68X-UD3P | Hyper 212+ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 | Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB+WD 320 | Win 7 64-bit | Corsair 750HX| CM 690 II Adv
2 years ago#25
I love both, but I would have to go with infinite.
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.7 GHz | 8GB DDR3 Kingston | 6950 2GB Unlocked | ASRock 970 Extreme4 | 750w PC Power & Cooling | Kuhler H20 620
Gamertag: Kether
2 years ago#26
Tomb raider was decent, but I didn't care for any of the characters except for Croft.

Also the upgrades were pathetically bad.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
2 years ago#27
I pre-ordered Infinite and I still haven't finished it, I keep coming back to it - playing for a little bit and then stopping.

I bought Tomb Raider during the Summer Sale, I think it was on the encore last day because even then I was on the fence about it, passing on it when it first went on sale. I played the whole game over the long weekend. Enjoyed it thoroughly. 100% the single-player portion of the game. Tried multiplayer but it was a terrible experience.
2 years ago#28
Bioshock infinite. Tomb raider feels like uncharted and it has shoddy character development for lara. And the combat in infinite feels more fleshed out and fun.
Why I love One piece:
2 years ago#29
Weird to compare games that really are in two completely different genres but whatever. I enjoyed BSI more simply because I was engaged in the story even if the gameplay was super easy (I even played on hard) and pretty dull at times. I never finished tomb raider because I got distracted with other games before the end. It was OK but like BSI I found the gameplay kind of meh and unlike BSI the story didn't keep me interested enough to see it through to the end.
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
2 years ago#30
Infinite was an average game, but don't ever compare it to ME3 or RE6 again, thanks.

RE6 is literally painful to play
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tomb Raider vs Bioshock Infinite

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived