This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider vs Bioshock Infinite

#31gadragodPosted 8/5/2013 9:14:27 PM
Game - Tomb Raider.
Story/Characters - BioShock.

Tomb Raider is a hellova fun experience when running on all cylinders, but it's story can be pretty bad at times. BioShock plays somewhat generically, but the atmosphere, characters, overall setting, and plot are far more complex and interesting than Tomb Raider's.

Now, if we could only spill a bit of the BioShock into the Tomb Raider (and vice versa), we could have a union as awesome as chocolate and peanut butter.
#32MyDogSkipPosted 8/5/2013 9:17:48 PM
I've only played a little bit of Tomb Raider but I quite enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed Infinite. Of those two, Tomb Raider is more my style of game. But my favorite game this year has been The Last of Us by far.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz | ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | ASUS DCII GTX 670 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Antec EA-650W | 120GB Intel 520 | 1TB HDD | Corsair 400R | Hyper 212+ | 2560x1440
#33GarhinderPosted 8/5/2013 9:20:25 PM
Don't know about Infinite, but TR was one of the most mediocre games I've played. Not bad, but not good. Just totally average. The only thing it has going for it are graphics.
#34Robot_SoopaPosted 8/5/2013 9:39:16 PM
Tomb Raider was a movie not a game.

Bioshock wasn't much better in the gameplay department but at least it HAD gameplay and I appreciate that everything was kept in game rather than a bunch of cut-scenes and "cinematic" moments.
---
FC: 1590 - 5604 - 5229
#35BlueRamzaPosted 8/5/2013 10:20:10 PM
Bioshock Infinite. while I liked Tomb Raider 2013, the story and game-play is far better in Bioshock.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#36Dollarman_2005Posted 8/5/2013 10:47:43 PM
I at least somewhat understand the hype behind Infinite in that it presented an original, noteworthy story with great voice acting and even better animations. I found the gameplay to get stale very quickly and the enemies to be boring, however. I didn't like the game AS A GAME and had to actually watch my roommate play the last few levels of the game because I was so insanely bored of it.

Tomb Raider made me realize why I hate Uncharted. And then made me hate Tomb Raider.
#37Vondas(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 12:48:08 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
Infinite was an average game, but don't ever compare it to ME3 or RE6 again, thanks.

RE6 is literally painful to play

I haven't played RE6, I just know many felt it wasn't up to par. I thought ME3 was a step back from 2, but still a good game. The ending did suck, IMO mostly because none of the BIG choices made any significant difference at all.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. Some of you made me realize that the gameplay in Tomb Raider really isn't that good. I guess I like a cinematic game. TR had me immersed, Infinite did not.
#38thebladeofwoePosted 8/6/2013 1:06:19 AM
Well, i have judt brought TR for 16. I cannot wait to play this on my laptop.
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#39DerPancakePosted 8/6/2013 1:16:18 AM
Dollarman_2005 posted...
I at least somewhat understand the hype behind Infinite in that it presented an original, noteworthy story with great voice acting and even better animations. I found the gameplay to get stale very quickly and the enemies to be boring, however. I didn't like the game AS A GAME and had to actually watch my roommate play the last few levels of the game because I was so insanely bored of it.

Tomb Raider made me realize why I hate Uncharted. And then made me hate Tomb Raider.

Honestly the game would be better if it played more like the Last of US like lower ammo, crafting, and more stealth, while combining the climbing and some action sequences. This game had potential, but the Last of Us came after Tomb Raider so they didn't have a chance to copy from it lolz.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#40RyamusPosted 8/6/2013 7:39:15 AM
Tomb Raider destroys Bioshock Infinite. No contest