This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider vs Bioshock Infinite

#41Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 8/6/2013 9:35:16 AM(edited)
TR kinda felt like a dreary and cynical copy of Uncharted to me. It was like "hey guys, we couldn't figure out how to make the classic action adventure formula work, so we did what everyone else has been doing for half a decade and made another cover based shooter in fashionable brown-o-vision. Unfortunately we cannot really compete with Uncharted's writing, characters, pacing and spectacle, but here's Lara's lifeless body flopping around in the currents after she's been impaled right through her chin. Also, here's 4 different and utterly pointless upgrades that let you execute people. We really are mature like that. Don't worry about the possibility of not enjoying it either. We focus-tested this thing to death, so it must be good."

BI felt like a game with a clear vision. TR felt like a game designed by desperate boardroom members.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#42Gamerdog6482Posted 8/6/2013 10:26:53 AM
Maybe it's because I played TR on my PS3 and Infinite on my PC, but Infinite blows TR out of the water in my opinionionionion.
Which is really saying something because TR was spectacular.
#43KURRUPTORPosted 8/6/2013 11:47:45 AM
Tomb Raider was way better.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.