This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super new to pc gaming

#1NickB00Posted 8/5/2013 4:35:05 PM
ok so my friend says he can build me a computer that will run everything maxed and games to come for awhile maxed just wondering if this is true such as metro ll and full everything or the witcher 2 my specs are

Intel Core i5-3570K Processor
(Quad-Core 3.40GHz)

Western Digital 2TB Red NAS Hard Drive

DDR3 1600 8GB Kingston

PNY GeGorce GTX 660Ti 2GB PCI Express Video

Asus P8H77-M/CSM Motherboard
---
Han Solo: I call it luck.
#2cuteboi100Posted 8/5/2013 4:44:52 PM(edited)
What trust in your "friend". Not wrong in doubting him though.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#3daemon_danPosted 8/5/2013 4:36:17 PM
Hahaha.... Hahahahahahah... haha..... ha..... no
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#4DerPancakePosted 8/5/2013 4:36:30 PM
Yeah just upgrade your videocard to a GTX 780.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#5NickB00(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 4:41:27 PM
Lol always enjoy others opinions
---
#6daemon_danPosted 8/5/2013 4:42:48 PM
NickB00 posted...
Lol always enjoy others opinions

It's not opinion. That computer you listed won't max everything out (certainly not metro: LL) today, let alone years to come. Your friend either likes lying to you or is an idiot.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#7jebralPosted 8/5/2013 4:43:51 PM
NickB00 posted...
ok so my friend says he can build me a computer that will run everything maxed and games to come for awhile maxed just wondering if this is true such as metro ll and full everything or the witcher 2 my specs are

(Quad-Core 3.40GHz)

DDR3 1600 8GB Kingston

I just built the same thing only with a GTX 660, instead of a 660 ti. So a step down from what you would be getting, I believe.

Don't worry about waving a huge epeen or anything, that system is fine. Mine will play everything in 1080p at max, or at least damn close in the 40-60 fps range depending on settings and the game of course.

So yeah, go for it. It'll squash the console version of anything handily. You won't be hurting. I can personally vouch for you having excellent performance in Metro Last Light and Witcher 2.
---
Pudding: It wiggles and jiggles.
#8daemon_danPosted 8/5/2013 4:45:11 PM
jebral posted...
NickB00 posted...

(Quad-Core 3.40GHz)

DDR3 1600 8GB Kingston

I just built the same thing only with a GTX 660, instead of a 660 ti. So a step down from what you would be getting, I believe.

Don't worry about waving a huge epeen or anything, that system is fine. Mine will play everything in 1080p at max, or at least damn close in the 40-60 fps range depending on settings and the game of course.

So yeah, go for it. It'll squash the console version of anything handily. You won't be hurting. I can personally vouch for you having excellent performance in Metro Last Light and Witcher 2.

uses the term "max"

Likely has several of the more demanding functions off.

Please, start saying "highest detail setting" rather than max. It makes a lot of you look REALLY ill-informed.
---
#9NickB00(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 4:49:38 PM
I said I am new to pc gaming lol I just said max cause im not familiar
---
#10daemon_danPosted 8/5/2013 4:50:40 PM
NickB00 posted...
I said I am new to pc gaming lol I just said max cause im not familiar

Even so, that 660 ti will likely not be putting games at highest detail settings in a year or two.
---