This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well can my new laptop run game??? (im clueless about PCs)

#1SKYR1MPosted 8/5/2013 6:03:04 PM
So i got this laptop for college and was wondering if this can play good games and how well ect... I don't know anything about specs and suff, so i'd appreciate some help. Here are the specs:

-Operating System: Windows 8 64bit
-Model: Dell Inspiron 3721
-Intel Core i5
-Memory: 6144MB RAM
-Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8730MB
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (this was under the "Display" in dxdiag)
---
Some people call it big, me i call it a treasure.
#2ShubPosted 8/5/2013 6:04:29 PM
That should play any game currently out, not at maximum settings though.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3kill2thisPosted 8/5/2013 6:05:37 PM(edited)
You'll be able to play most games on lowish/medium settings at least. Is there any games in particular you're more interested in then we can say whether you can play or not?
---
i5 3570k @4.6ghz 120gb OCZ ssd, 2TB Barracuda , Corsair h60, GTX770,8gb Corsair ram, Xonar DG, CM690 ii (white) GS800 P8z77 VLX2
#4SKYR1M(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 6:07:03 PM(edited)
kill2this posted...
You'll be able to play most games on lowish/medium settings at least. Is there any games in particular you're more interested in then we can say whether you can play or not?

how bout Skyrim. (username lol)

EDIT: with mods and stuff...
---
#5MaximoomPosted 8/5/2013 6:09:51 PM
SKYR1M posted...
kill2this posted...

with exception of high quality textures packs mods, you are good to go.
#6daemon_danPosted 8/5/2013 6:11:21 PM
Maximoom posted...
SKYR1M posted...
kill2this posted...

Yeeeeah don't even try to enhance your game textures xD that would be a mistake
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#7SKYR1M(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 6:13:03 PM
Maximoom posted...
SKYR1M posted...
kill2this posted...

Sweet. But i have a question about that Steam "big picture" thing with TVs. I was wondering that if i plugged it into a plasma tv and used an xbox controller, will it still run the same? I doubt it would run slowly with a tv but idk
---
#8ShubPosted 8/5/2013 6:17:45 PM
It makes no difference that you're connecting it to a TV, all that matters is that the TV may have a higher resolution than the laptop's integrated monitor; if so, games would run worse on the TV -- again, only because of the higher resolution.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.