This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well can my new laptop run game??? (im clueless about PCs)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How well can my new laptop run game??? (im clueless about PCs)
2 years ago#1
So i got this laptop for college and was wondering if this can play good games and how well ect... I don't know anything about specs and suff, so i'd appreciate some help. Here are the specs:

-Operating System: Windows 8 64bit
-Model: Dell Inspiron 3721
-Intel Core i5
-Memory: 6144MB RAM
-Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8730MB
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (this was under the "Display" in dxdiag)
---
Some people call it big, me i call it a treasure.
2 years ago#2
That should play any game currently out, not at maximum settings though.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
2 years ago#3
You'll be able to play most games on lowish/medium settings at least. Is there any games in particular you're more interested in then we can say whether you can play or not?
---
i5 3570k @4.6ghz 120gb OCZ ssd, 2TB Barracuda , Corsair h60, GTX770,8gb Corsair ram, Xonar DG, CM690 ii (white) GS800 P8z77 VLX2
2 years ago#4
kill2this posted...
You'll be able to play most games on lowish/medium settings at least. Is there any games in particular you're more interested in then we can say whether you can play or not?

how bout Skyrim. (username lol)

EDIT: with mods and stuff...
---
2 years ago#5
SKYR1M posted...
kill2this posted...

with exception of high quality textures packs mods, you are good to go.
2 years ago#6
Maximoom posted...
SKYR1M posted...
kill2this posted...

Yeeeeah don't even try to enhance your game textures xD that would be a mistake
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
2 years ago#7
Maximoom posted...
SKYR1M posted...
kill2this posted...

Sweet. But i have a question about that Steam "big picture" thing with TVs. I was wondering that if i plugged it into a plasma tv and used an xbox controller, will it still run the same? I doubt it would run slowly with a tv but idk
---
2 years ago#8
It makes no difference that you're connecting it to a TV, all that matters is that the TV may have a higher resolution than the laptop's integrated monitor; if so, games would run worse on the TV -- again, only because of the higher resolution.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How well can my new laptop run game??? (im clueless about PCs)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived