This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Indestructable or wireless headphones?

#1rpgianPosted 8/5/2013 10:14:45 PM
I'm sick of the wire crapping out and one ear going deaf and eventually losing sound altogether after a week of merciful duck tape life extension.

I don't fold them, I don't leave them hanging but the cheap little wire always finds some way to f itself up in several months time.

Doesn't matter if I buy ones $5-10 off ebay or quality ones they all have the same cheap wire problem so quality of sound means jack when they both die and give no sound.

I hate buds I like over the head band types. Mostly use them on the lappy.

I'm thinking wireless is going to be the only thing I can count on as all makers seem intent on string bean wiring as part of a crooky conglomerate conspiracy so I am always buying new ones.

Any wireless ones that charge themselves via the usb port? Don't want to constantly buy batteries for them. Noise cancelling is a good feature to have too.

Or has anyone had any longetivity with anything else? At this point I'm considering buying some of the freaking iron and steel 5 pound ones from the 80's with the curled wiring and huge jack port and adapting them.
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 8/5/2013 10:21:49 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LBSEQS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its very solid, I am pretty hard on my headphones and these are pretty damn durable.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3Dollarman_2005Posted 8/5/2013 10:37:48 PM
I use the Senn HD-25s. Like most Senns, you can just replace the wire when it goes bad for like 12 bucks.

These headphones though are damn near titanium or something. They've dropped 8-12 feet multiple times and are still going strong.