This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a gamer, what do you think of this game? Take a peak!

#31matu90rkPosted 8/6/2013 8:52:55 AM
The_Mighty_Quin posted...
MalifacentX posted...
As an Indie title, it looks impressive, knowing how hard it is to get a game off the ground.

Actually, in this day and age it's really not. I can think of far more impressive modern indie titles.

Chasm - uses the "8-bit" aesthetic, but with high-quality pixel art and animations. Gameplay is a fairly solid Metroidvania.

Bastion - isometric beat-em-up, but with a poignant narrative that gives color to the gameplay and visuals.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - with full voice acting and a solid self-contained story (i.e. no epic meme jokes or soon-to-be outdated cultural references, *coughGuacameleecough*), this one could truly pass as an actual PS1-era game. In a good way. The character artstyle is a bit ugly IMO (looks like DeviantArt), but the art quality is still quite good.

Being indie is not and has never been a free pass on quality.

Add The Swapper to that list.
#32ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/6/2013 8:57:14 AM
Hey,

It looks like fun because I like these types of games. However, you got some major competition from:

Alien shooter 2 reloaded
Zombie Shooter series
Alien Swarm

If this game brings something unique, then I'm more likely to buy it and play it.

The con that I see in your game is that the gameplay looks kind of slow. Watch videos of the 3 games I listed. You will see action packed gun play.

If the game is generic, then I'll probably give it a "meh" rating.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#33TheDrizzuhPosted 8/6/2013 8:57:23 AM
Aiming controls look sluggish.
---
"I won! %@#$ you! You are dumb. I have crushed you."
--Wooz
#34MuhammadJAPosted 8/6/2013 9:21:20 AM
So how about everyone just vote for it so it can get a greenlight. You don't have to buy it.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#35brainlackPosted 8/6/2013 10:24:30 AM
lloks like nation red the difference is nation red has better graphics and bsaa jill lookalike
---
playing re6 with 8x sparse grid ss with 32xs(2x2 ss + 8 ms)+ mixed sample x128 + 32 forced anisotropic then I hear ps4 is powerful than my pc
#36pothocketPosted 8/6/2013 10:29:08 AM
It looks a hell of a lot better than the kind of stuff that appears on the xbox indie channel. TC, is your friend on a development team or is this a solo project for him?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#37The_Mighty_QuinPosted 8/6/2013 10:33:43 AM
MuhammadJA posted...
So how about everyone just vote for it so it can get a greenlight. You don't have to buy it.

I don't think Steam can greenlight every submission though. What if one game that actually deserved it didn't get the greenlight, vs. this... thing.
#38megaman4everEXEPosted 8/6/2013 10:34:47 AM
It looks like the PS3 game Dead Nation. I probably wouldn't play it.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Animatronix
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Ultranium.png
#39SilentHawk29Posted 8/6/2013 10:36:06 AM
KidInTheHall posted...
wildog2006 posted...
so he made a PC version of Dead Nation...

That's what it struck me as too.

Same here.

TC, the animation needs some serious work for the player character. It looks okay for a pick-up-and-play kind of game you'd spend a few minutes on, but I can't see it selling much over a price point of like $3.50.

I also agree that there are way too many things in the media about zombies right now and that the enemies should be changed to something else. Maybe something like fairy tale creatures coming to life or something else that isn't over-saturated right now.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#40Fade2black001Posted 8/6/2013 10:40:11 AM
SilentHawk29 posted...
KidInTheHall posted...
wildog2006 posted...
so he made a PC version of Dead Nation...

That's what it struck me as too.

Same here.

TC, the animation needs some serious work for the player character. It looks okay for a pick-up-and-play kind of game you'd spend a few minutes on, but I can't see it selling much over a price point of like $3.50.

I also agree that there are way too many things in the media about zombies right now and that the enemies should be changed to something else. Maybe something like fairy tale creatures coming to life or something else that isn't over-saturated right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cn7xfBpZ3M
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.