This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any games out there similar to syberia?

#1oiburPosted 8/6/2013 3:35:28 AM
im really enjoying this game and to be honest this is my first time playing this types of games.
looks good, relaxing. any games out there similar to syberia.?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-tBhOJd92E
#2MarceloSampaioPosted 8/6/2013 4:20:29 AM
Syberia 2.

:p

Anyway, the point-and-click adventure is one of my favorites. But a question: Would you play the classics too? If yes, here's a list of my favorites:

-The Longest Journey - VERY similar to Syberia. And VERY good. Has an amazing storyline and beautifull landscapes;

-Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars - One of the best games ever made. Both the classic version and the enhanced edition are great. The enhanced edition is a LOT more complete and looks better, but its easier;

-Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror - Also great. Not as epic as the first game, but almost as fun. ;)

-The Dig - Amazing storyline, written by Steven Spielberg. You can buy it on Steam or GOG, and play it using SCUMMVM (VERY EASY TO USE, btw);

-The Book of Unwritten Tales - Quite recent, and quite good. Has a classic feel, but with modern looks. Its also very funny, and has a great storyline;

-Myst - Nothing is more relaxing than Myst. Some people even say its TOO relaxing. The puzzles are quite hard though. Steam has Myst Masterpiece and RealMyst. Both are good, but Realmyst is in 3D, while Myst features static 2D images. Whatever makes you happy;

-Gabriel Knight 1 and 2 - GREAT games. I MEAN GREAT! They are on GOG. They look meh nowdays, but if you don't mind the old graphics, you'll LOVE them;

-Nancy Drew games - I like them. They are light adventure games in first-person. Fun, but with light storylines.
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#3ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/6/2013 7:30:20 AM(edited)
Walking dead, book of unwritten tales, and curse of monkey island are must plays.

Longest Journey, dreamfall, still life 1 (not 2)

Old school games not sure how well they stand up today: Phantasmagoria, broken sword games

I hear the last express is amazing though I've never played it myself.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#4uhohjonahPosted 8/6/2013 7:15:34 AM
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP
---
Not changing this sig until Monster Hunter 4 comes out in US
#5ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/6/2013 7:43:42 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
-The Dig - Amazing storyline, written by Steven Spielberg. You can buy it on Steam or GOG, and play it using SCUMMVM (VERY EASY TO USE, btw);

I don't see it on gog. See it on steam though.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#6MarceloSampaioPosted 8/6/2013 11:49:01 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

I don't see it on gog. See it on steam though.

Ooops, my bad. Its on Steam only. :p
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#7oibur(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 1:45:08 AM
did a few research and came across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvIkbmhWiok
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-tBhOJd92E
#8spanishbobPosted 8/8/2013 2:47:38 AM
No point and click list is complete without Grim Fandango. Granted it's not a traditional point and click, but it's one of the true greats of the genre.

I also second most of the above + Discworld games. The puzzles may be abstract, but the character interactions are brilliant.