This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Using a game capture device is probably the best way to record PC gameplay

#1Geassmaster88Posted 8/6/2013 5:32:37 AM
As well as any program that can record the audio.

You always hear stuff about how fraps is either good(for some people), or garbage, or w/e . Complaints dealing with how fraps may slow down gameplay, or how it may lag while recording.(making playing the game "unplayable")

I'm not sure if the HDPVR2 can do the same thing(it probably can), but with the El Gato Game Capture HD you can record PC gameplay, with no lag while playing your game. Another good thing is after the recording, it'll still maintain the quality and speed that you played(meaning no lag or slowdowns once you view the recording).

With that said though, for some reason the El Gato only captures video, and not the audio for a laptop. I did hear that there is a free workaround for the PC. but regarding a laptop, you'll need something like Audacity, or an external device or usb cords to record the audio along with the video.

Still, it beats having something like fraps.
#2Geassmaster88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 5:37:48 AM
Hell it even works better than the PS2 emulator that allows you to record audio+video for gameplay . while you can record gameplay without an external device using it, it severely slows down your gameplay. Though the gameplay comes out fast after the recording, it's a pain when playing the game and recording at the same time.

With El gato, can simply record , and use the internal audio recorder(which doesnt slow down gameplay) to record audio. No lag while playing, no lag after.

It's not a cheap alternative though(around $150), but using a device certainly beats strictly software programs(like fraps)
#3urtvPosted 8/6/2013 5:39:11 AM
dxtory
#4Geassmaster88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 5:40:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Geassmaster88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 5:41:44 AM
also, title should be

" probably one of the best ways to record PC gameplay".
#6Knight2520Posted 8/6/2013 8:00:18 AM
OBS.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Onyx Spartan II
The Timurids will never find me in America! - BlueYoshi579