This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't remember the last time I played a decent, balanced, RPG...

#11ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/6/2013 9:35:30 AM
pothocket posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
uh deux ex HR???? Many builds you can go...

stealth options always gave the best exp and probably rewards too.

Yup, Deus Ex is definitely geared towards stealth builds. If you want balance between stealth/action and lethal/non-lethal you should play Dishonored.

I went full combat build and experience was absolutely no problem. I still had plenty of praxis points to go around by the end. Beat it on harder difficulties also.

Also you are not counting hacking. Hacking does not equal stealth.

You can also be a mixture of combat and stealth.

Many builds are viable. Not necessarily weaker than the other.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#12ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/6/2013 9:40:09 AM
Even if games are unbalanced in class. Sometimes its fun to play a more challenging class. If you take run of the mill dungeon crawlers, barbs/warriors tend to be noob friendly while mage are not. But mage ussually become OP end game. Not necessarily a bad thing. Some people just like to complain.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#13happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 5:54:54 AM(edited)
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
Even if games are unbalanced in class. Sometimes its fun to play a more challenging class..

Challenge should only be raised by raising a difficulty.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#14Cool_Dude667Posted 8/7/2013 6:07:55 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
Even if games are unbalanced in class. Sometimes its fun to play a more challenging class..

You sound like the dev team for D3 when they implemented Inferno on release.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#15ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/7/2013 6:27:11 AM(edited)
Cool_Dude667 posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
ThePHiLsTeR posted...

You sound like the dev team for D3 when they implemented Inferno on release.

When I say challenge, I don't mean cheap. Inferno on release was cheap and annoying.

I'm just as PO'd as most other people at D3. Waited 10 years, paid full $60 because i trusted blizzard.

Also, although not an RPG, killing floor is very balanced and thought out.
---
#16acangialPosted 8/7/2013 6:24:43 AM
Although this is technically a MP RPG: Dark Souls, kid.

Each class is carefully balanced with it's strengths and weaknesses. Don't listen to whiners saying it's too hard or Dark Magic and Backstabbing is OP. There is a balanced counter-measure to everything. If you spend enough time learning and mastering them you will see what I am talking about.
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Razor Nostromo
#17PanopictonguyPosted 8/7/2013 6:31:34 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
ThePHiLsTeR posted...

You're not a very happy scrub. very few RPGS actually have a difficulty setting. The point of an RPG is to pay a role. If one role isn't as strong as the other, oh well.

Just play the game and have fun. If you can only have fun by rotflmaostomp'ing everything that's you're fault, not have design.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#18ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/7/2013 6:44:24 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
ThePHiLsTeR posted...

You're not a very happy scrub. very few RPGS actually have a difficulty setting. The point of an RPG is to pay a role. If one role isn't as strong as the other, oh well.

Just play the game and have fun. If you can only have fun by rotflmaostomp'ing everything that's you're fault, not have design.

Role play means to play a role in a story. In every story since beginning of time, when were all characters equally as strong as all others? There's always different personalities such as the hero knight in shining armor, the petty thief, the coward, etc. In sports, you have the all stars, and the not so great role players. The jocks and the nerds. We'll always have variation, until the day everyone are clones of each other.
---
#19FeatherwindPosted 8/7/2013 6:47:58 AM
Dark Souls is somewhat more balanced than most RPGs but mistakes were made in that game too. I can't go into the details since I'm at work atm but it is definitely ahead of many games in the balance department thanks to "situationality" of most things - instead of trying to make everything "equal" almost everything has a niche or meaningful situational use. This makes the game feel more balanced and interesting - for example even though LoL was probably less balanced in the sense that champion win rates differed more etc in it's early days it still felt more interesting since champions and roles weren't nearly as comparable and equal as they are today. In DS it's very fun to play different characters and aside from many opponents being unable to respond to stuff like Soul Arrow or Lightning Spear I don't think any of my playthroughs was significantly easier or harder than the others thanks to unbalanced characters. The game often gets called "hard" but in my opinion the game is actually very forgiving which makes everything feel viable - if the enemies were fast enough to be able to respond well to Soul Arrow using the large weapons would be almost impossible for example.

PvP is a bit more troubled and turns some of the situational stuff into unnecessary minmax bait like that Ring of Favor and Protection or the weapon buff spells but again I'd say it's still better than most RPGs. Btw unnecessary/badly thought out buff type spells/skills/abilities are imo easily the number 1 cause of balance problems in RPGs and games in general - they are easily to implement so the devs can say they are there but often tricky to balance.
#20happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 7:02:28 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
ThePHiLsTeR posted...

The most stupid post this morning.

The point of a FPS is to shoot

The point of a an action game is action

The point of a story game is story.

ect.

Wake me up when we have BTG = balance type game where you can say the point of such game is balance.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg