This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I only have enough time for one Assasin's Creed game, which would you suggest

#1Chaos_MissilePosted 8/6/2013 6:52:52 AM
80/80 excluding my perfect-grammar question mark. That's a first.

Either way, title. Been somewhat interested in the series, but due to its open-worldness, I think I might only have enough time for one.

I remember playing Vice City once and I could never finish that game, partly due to the open-endedness and one of the side missions got annoying ( for the curious, I bought the movie studio and the first side-mission required you to fly a plane to distribute flyers for an upcoming movie. Note I played VC using Mouse + Keyboard)
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#2garyjpatersonPosted 8/6/2013 6:57:57 AM(edited)
Only playing one game? AC2. Huge improvement over the original, and all the rest are small improvements gameplay wise. Great setting and atmosphere.
---
===>>> http://www.garyjpaterson.deviantart.com <<<===
#3The_Mighty_QuinPosted 8/6/2013 6:57:57 AM
If you don't get the first 3 I really wonder what's so important about your time.
#4Ch3wyPosted 8/6/2013 7:00:01 AM
Either 2 or Brotherhood. Probably 2.

Brotherhood has a pretty neat "The Ship" style multiplayer though.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/6/2013 7:02:41 AM
I liked Assassin's creed the first time around, but couldn't get into the sequels. They all feel too similar to each other.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#6HandGrenade2Posted 8/6/2013 7:05:48 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
I liked Assassin's creed the first time around, but couldn't get into the sequels. They all feel too similar to each other.

This. To me, it looks like Watch Dogs is going to have the same kind of feel.
---
"Man is what he believes."- Chekhov
#7beezer08Posted 8/6/2013 7:15:31 AM
Brotherhood IMO. It's slightly better than 2.
---
PSN/Steam: beezer08
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif
#8MaximoomPosted 8/6/2013 8:09:57 AM
brotherhood.
#9Chaos_Missile(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 8:14:06 AM
The_Mighty_Quin posted...
If you don't get the first 3 I really wonder what's so important about your time.

Generally work. I only have weekeends to spare to actually sit down and enjoy my games.

In addition, unlike the GTA series, all games have one interconnecting plot from what I understand. So, I'm curious, if I were to forgo the story, which has the best gameplay for someone who's coming into the series for the first time that will be able to give said someone(ie me) a taste of what the series is about?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#10KillerTrufflePosted 8/6/2013 8:15:44 AM
It's a tossup between AC2 and Brotherhood for me too. Each has its good and bad points. I think either one of those would be fine, really.

If I *had* to pick, I'd say start with AC2. It's quite good, and if you enjoy it, it sets up the story for continuation in Brotherhood.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23