This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I only have enough time for one Assasin's Creed game, which would you suggest

#31xnmzxPosted 8/7/2013 2:08:01 AM
if you want best gameplay get AC3..no arguments there.

if you want best story..it doesnt matter. The (real world non-animus) story of each game can be summarized in a paragraph. Or watch summaries on youtube.

In other words, i recommend you just watch AC1-AC:Revelations as far as main plot (animus plot can be completely ignored), then play AC3.
#32CatToyPosted 8/7/2013 2:17:10 AM(edited)
Brotherhood is the superior game. AC2 had the greatest improvements in the series, bring it up from a boring parkour simulator with no content to a competent game. However if you haven't played the first game, the improvements will be lost on you.

Brotherhood however has far more content and has a large focus on recruiting assassins for your guild, as well as fleshing out and balancing the city building aspect and economy that was introduced in a broken state in AC2.

Since you're already skipping games, you aren't interested in playing for the overall story, there is literally no reason to play AC2 over Brotherhood, it simply an inferior game (not that it's bad).
---
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
3DS: 0301 9786 1157
#33numbers12345678Posted 8/7/2013 4:54:30 AM(edited)
Every game has unique offerings, as does playing them sequentially and letting the course of events unfold as it will.

Above post says there's no reason to play AC2 over Brotherhood. The themes of the games are quite different, as are the ways the plots arc. On top of that, AC2 features Florence, Venice, and other great locations in Italy... all backed by great historical information (and beautiful Renaissance art).

I actually read the codex in these games, and it adds a lot to my experience. Everything together has really made history feel more real to me; I can picture history as happening to actual people, with actual people, in a much different way.

AC1 is more repetitive, but it also has the least content overall. Every entry in the series is unique and has special points, so I'm in favor of just giving the series the time (spread out over years if necessary) and playing everything sequentially.

I replayed AC1 this past month for the first time since launch, and it still has some VERY strong points, as at least one post mentions above. It's worth knowing, and I wouldn't weaken the experience by seeing it through youtube. The cities and environments are there to be felt.

(Crashes may occur, and that can be a little painful if a section has to be replayed, but it only happened to me at maybe one point. Program restarts/attempting to limit the game to fewer cpu cores may be what fixes it)
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/void_ender
#34EntegyPosted 8/7/2013 5:32:59 AM
AC2. I think it's overall the best package.
---
http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t359/Entegy/Fallout%203/drink.png
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/Entegy.png
#35Mystical_NEETPosted 8/7/2013 6:20:21 AM
xnmzx posted...
if you want best gameplay get AC3..no arguments there.

if you want best story..it doesnt matter. The (real world non-animus) story of each game can be summarized in a paragraph. Or watch summaries on youtube.

In other words, i recommend you just watch AC1-AC:Revelations as far as main plot (animus plot can be completely ignored), then play AC3.

Lol. AC3 was a pathetic war simulator with almost NONE of the feeling of the previous games.
#36eldroidPosted 8/7/2013 6:38:37 AM
Whatever you do, just don't choose AC1. Game is just too repetitive. I would just use wikipedia / youtube to catch up with the story.
---
Managing my sanity is a full-time job, and i just got fired. - Me
#37Ch3wyPosted 8/7/2013 6:41:32 AM
eldroid posted...
Whatever you do, just don't choose AC1. Game is just too repetitive. I would just use wikipedia / youtube to catch up with the story.

AC1 barely even had any non-animus story.

I'll sum it up quickly here: Dude walks around in a room for a while and starts tripping balls.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#38SlaynPosted 8/7/2013 6:43:53 AM
You should trade me a game for AC3 since I have an extra key,
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#39KURRUPTORPosted 8/7/2013 7:00:37 AM
Play the first game and start skipping the side missions once they start feeling repetitive. The game itself is not actually that repetitive at all and the story/gameplay is quite fun. The problem is the side missions which consist of 2 missions repeated over 30 times simply featuring different random people that you are saving. Imo it's the only game where you actually feel like an assassin and really introduces you to the world and the whole templar/assasin invisible war.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#40Chaos_Missile(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 7:09:20 AM
Looking through this topic makes me regret I did not make a poll.

Went and counted the postal votes(each post that says any of the game), AC2 seems to be winning by a severe landslide:-
AC1 - 5
AC2 - 12
AC3 - 2
Brotherhood - 5

Speaking of 2, I remember about it being the most infamous example about Ubisoft's DRM? Was that ever fixed?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008