This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vavle doesn't screw over gamers, EA is the devil?

#21ArthasRebornPosted 8/6/2013 9:10:31 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

Assuming that the people that boycott are the same people who buy the game in a world with 6 billion+ people shows how ignorant and uninformed you are.

Thread over.

I must be ignorant because I don't understand what you are trying to say. All I learned is that there are 6 billion people

He's basically saying that just because a game sells more than a predecessor, despite a boycott having been organised, doesn't necessarily mean everyone broke boycott. To break it down even further, I often see this:

Person A boycotts a game.
Person B, C, and D buy the game.
Because the game has so many sales, people assume Person A broke boycott.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#22pothocketPosted 8/6/2013 9:14:00 AM
What point is TC trying to make about Valve being evil? Because one time they released a sequel just one year after the original? OH NOES!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#23nintend0Fan46Posted 8/6/2013 9:14:48 AM
So it's cool to hate Valve nowadays?
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#24SnipeStarPosted 8/6/2013 9:20:09 AM
ArthasReborn posted...
Didn't Valve fly the organisers of the boycott group to their HQ to give L4D2 a shot and they said that it was different enough to be a sequel?

i remember something like that happening

its funny, hearing about the boycott again.. i had forgotten about that.. i wonder if it has something to do with the next HL games coming out so far apart- gabe being spiteful like "oh, well we didn't want the crybabies to boycott our games again, so we took extra time to release the new sequels! :p"

SirisS-G-P posted...
Wait what? People were mad that valve made 2 games? Isn't that a good thing? I know if EA released Dead Space 4,5,6 in the same week I'll be super happy and buy them all at full price. I wouldn't be mad at all.

thanks for contributing to the problem.. ugh...
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#25B0tflyPosted 8/6/2013 9:53:10 AM
Here's the thing - we have market saturation of absolutely garbage cash grabs being churned out year after year. It's NOT just EA. Activision has literally ruined everything it has touched. WoW has turned into a toddler-coddling sorry a$$ excuse compared to the original iteration. Starcraft has been pimped out to e-sporting, and marketed as such. CoD = self explanatory there. Diablo III has as much staying power as the Yugo car. Prototype was as good as it gets for them.... and that's not too much, it's a braindead brawler with gore and god-like powers. And there are far too many sequels being produced on top of this. Halo, needs to go away. Battlefield, 4 games is probably enough, mainly considering how close together the last few titles have been released. Assassin's Creed - although fun, let's give it a break now. Another Mass Effect? Really? Dead Space 3 ties up the series, but will likely get a sequel as well. The problem is the lack of originality. Darksiders was a great IP, but too little, too late for THQ. Watch Dogs provides some real promise. The new Batman will probably do well to tie up that series for a while.

Sorry this is all over the place, but my point is that the problem isn't just EA. And Valve doesn't really produce enough to actually say they contribute to the perpetuation of gaming stagnation. I blame the introduction of the corporate model into the gaming industry. It stifles creativity, as the only thing that matters is money.
#26KillerTrufflePosted 8/6/2013 9:56:15 AM
No one really said it is just EA, and I agree - most of the major publishers out there are just producing "AAA" shovelware these days. But EA is still among my 3 most hated, and is possibly (probably) my *most* hated publisher.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#27Tyranius2Posted 8/6/2013 9:56:32 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

What's that supposed to prove? There was a boycott that failed miserably. I don't care because I never took part in it..

scroll up

Your garbage posting still makes no sense to me
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#28happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 9:58:23 AM
Tyranius2 posted...
<

Your garbage posting still makes no sense to me

Like the 3rd time you said that. I have no idea who you are, but I want to humbly apologize for pissing in your cereal at one point in your life.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#29JonWood007Posted 8/6/2013 9:58:59 AM
Valve has a better track record. Don't get me wrong, I don't blindly support Valve. I'm skeptical of them as well at times. But they kind of earned their better reputation. Are they overrated? Yes. Still better than EA though.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#30steveboblarryPosted 8/6/2013 10:06:37 AM
JonWood007 posted...
Valve has a better track record. Don't get me wrong, I don't blindly support Valve. I'm skeptical of them as well at times. But they kind of earned their better reputation. Are they overrated? Yes. Still better than EA though.

This
---
I like butter toast