This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vavle doesn't screw over gamers, EA is the devil?

#31SteamsterPosted 8/6/2013 11:20:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32Mr_DelcroixPosted 8/6/2013 11:37:30 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960510-left-4-dead-2/66891793

So ya, I made a thread about something I randomly saw on YouTube. An Angry Joe vid talking about the drama over left4dead2 being made right after l4d1 was launched.

This also made me think about all the love most of you give Valve as a super great company. I didn't play L4D1, I started at 2. If I had bought 1, I would of been super pissed. So have yal since I think it was like 30,000 people saying they were gonna boycott the game.

Take this into consideration: Valve doesn't have a lot of games. So one big screw up will contribute to a large ratio to the number of games they put out.

So why you keep kissing Valve ass like he does no fail?

The only time I felt let down by EA was with SimCity. But then they gave me a free game (Mass Effect 3), and I ended up playing tons of hours on it.

>Defeding EA

Get out shill
---
Gamefaqs is a hugbox.
#33cheesemaster00Posted 8/6/2013 11:45:59 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
Knight2520 posted...

Your name seems appropriate.

Account Created Wednesday, April 6, 2005 6:05 AM

Join the 100,000,000 people who came up with this before you thought of it.

I don't understand this post. Is this you trying to stroke your ego, being on gamefaqs since 2005? Ok, people have made that remark to you before. How is that relevant? You're not telling him off or anything. And "join" them? Join them where? Join them to do what? At least you could try and insult him back or something, but this doesn't make sense.
---
lyk dis if u cry evrytim
#34reincarnator07Posted 8/6/2013 11:49:45 AM
Valve:
-Taking their sweet ass time with HL3
-Steam was a bloody mess in the early years
-Customer support is a bit lacking

EA:
-Guts many modern releases by selling massive chunks as DRM
-Customer support is terrible
-Origin's prices are seldom as good as those on Steam
-http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/528/400/5c9.png
-They killed Ultima T_T
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#35Golden_GonadsPosted 8/6/2013 11:50:43 AM
According to Valve, a higher percentage of customers in the boycott group that was set up bought L4D2 than those who weren't in it. Its often the way. The internet allows people to mouth off with no real consequences.
#36Mr_DelcroixPosted 8/6/2013 11:54:45 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
Valve:
-Taking their sweet ass time with HL3
-Steam was a bloody mess in the early years
-Customer support is a bit lacking

EA:
-Guts many modern releases by selling massive chunks as DRM
-Customer support is terrible
-Origin's prices are seldom as good as those on Steam
-http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/528/400/5c9.png
-They killed Ultima T_T

*Aggressively buys out developers then milks them until they fall apart.
*Commonly ruins just about everything they touch.
*Tremendously greedy, commonly hypocritcal. Panders to the lowest common denominator.
*Tries to copy Call of Duty's more than anyone else, responsible for the flood of awful military shooters. Commonly ruins first person shooters it makes by shoe-horning in aspects similar to those found in Call of Duty.

You forgot a few buddy.
---
Gamefaqs is a hugbox.
#37SteamsterPosted 8/6/2013 11:57:37 AM
cheesemaster00 posted...
I don't understand this post. Is this you trying to stroke your ego, being on gamefaqs since 2005? Ok, people have made that remark to you before. How is that relevant? You're not telling him off or anything. And "join" them? Join them where? Join them to do what? At least you could try and insult him back or something, but this doesn't make sense.

He's saying it's a trite comment.

Don't get so petty over it, it's pretty much 100% irrelevant.
#38ThePirateEliPosted 8/6/2013 12:03:33 PM
L4D2 actually turned into a great game that expanded on the ideas of the first adequately enough that it didn't feel like an EA copy/paste job. People were mad when it was announced, but they'd be stupid to remain angry after L4D2 came out, then was made super cheep, then was given all of the L4D1 maps.
---
This is my signature.
#39happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 12:23:55 PM
Steamster posted...
cheesemaster00 posted...

He's saying it's a trite comment.

Don't get so petty over it, it's pretty much 100% irrelevant.

It went 100 miles over cheesemaster00 head.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#40Fou LuPosted 8/6/2013 12:58:58 PM
I've never had problems with EA or Valve. I actually preordered L4D2, I didn't care about paying full price for what was just an expansion.
---
I smolder with generic rage.