This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seeing FF7 on Steam was cool and all but the classic Square game I really want..

#61JKatarnPosted 8/7/2013 11:30:47 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
xanthan1 posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Rolen47 posted...
epsxe isn't that hard to setup.

Cool piracy bro

I have my PSX and PS2 in storage and both emulators for them let you run games from the disc drive, but please, keep assuming anything related to emulators is piracy and never legitimate users.

Except PS2 games run like garbage from discs, so you don't do that.

And protip, PSX=/=PS1

Actually, while the PSX was a PS2 with a DVR, I remember the Playstation commonly being deemed the "PSX" in different gaming magazines. Might want to do a little research before you get snarky there fella.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#62xanthan1Posted 8/7/2013 11:31:19 AM
JKatarn posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
xanthan1 posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Rolen47 posted...
epsxe isn't that hard to setup.

Cool piracy bro

I have my PSX and PS2 in storage and both emulators for them let you run games from the disc drive, but please, keep assuming anything related to emulators is piracy and never legitimate users.

Except PS2 games run like garbage from discs, so you don't do that.

And protip, PSX=/=PS1

Actually, while the PSX was a PS2 with a DVR, I remember the Playstation commonly being deemed the "PSX" in different gaming magazines. Might want to do a little research before you get snarky there fella.

It's even the third thing on Google Images for PSX.
#63bigybriPosted 8/8/2013 8:18:44 AM
"Vagrant Story" still on the fence about this game. Tricky combo system, phD level crafting weapons, elemental class everything, and a very vagrant story. Guess it's better in memory.
---
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope
#64MaximoomPosted 8/8/2013 8:40:51 AM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/4/46928/1705840-psx_5100.jpg

Discovered its existence today. Used to call the ps1 as psx.
#65Zohar_MetatronPosted 8/8/2013 8:51:06 AM
kelemvor posted...
Oh yeah, I'm sure all the 12 year old boys and girls with a DS were eagerly anticipating a classic RPG that came out before they were born. Square-Enix were really aiming for the nostalgia factor I'm sure.

Except the Dragon Quest and FF remakes all did pretty well.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#66bigybriPosted 8/8/2013 8:59:47 AM
I remember DQ: 4,5,6 released on the DS. Should have picked them up, I like my JRPG's simple unlike "V.Story". FF III and IV on the DS were also released but I played IV too much and III seemed like too much job system form 5 (not my favorite). Is there a possibility of "V.Story" on steam?
---
#67xanthan1Posted 8/8/2013 9:00:42 AM
bigybri posted...
I remember DQ: 4,5,6 released on the DS. Should have picked them up, I like my JRPG's simple unlike "V.Story". FF III and IV on the DS were also released but I played IV too much and III seemed like too much job system form 5 (not my favorite). Is there a possibility of "V.Story" on steam?

No.

Also 3 sucked, it sucked hard. They took a game that was already pretty bad when it came out, then made it worse.
#68Cobra152004Posted 8/8/2013 9:07:58 AM
torres007 posted...
Einhander would be great

Agreed. I would also like to see a sequel. Several different weapons among a few different ships which actually felt different separated Einhander from the other admittedly few shooters I have played.
#69bigybriPosted 8/8/2013 9:16:52 AM
^^
Thanks, I am mildly disappointed about "Vagrant Story" not on steam, but there is a good chance I'll join PSN at some point and download it to my PS device. Such a hardcore game "V. Story" almost feels like work with trying to carry just the right equipment for every possible encounter.

Too bad about FF III, I am a fan on a objective class system. Where in IX and X there were party members that had jobs but they weren't generic jobs. Just an excuse to grind obtaining all those class abilities. I am mostly a console player in years past, just wish there was a bridge between old consoles and low powered PC's (for conveniece and price). Rebuying "V.Story" is too costly for a copy that may be beat up and on an old tv.

Does Square just not support steam or is a competitive interest?
---