This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some MMO reccomendations.

#1NeoCrimsonCloudPosted 8/6/2013 12:26:19 PM
Times are tough on my wallet right now so I can't really see myself playing a game with subscription fees for the foreseeable future.

This leads me to my problem. I need to find a fun to play mmo that's also f2p and not super high on system requirements.

My pc died so all I've got is my weaksauce laptop with 4gigs of ram, a 1.7ghz dual core and a geforce g210m 512mb graphics card. I complain but it's not THAT terrible. I used to run WOW on it with mid/high settings and kept a framerate of about 30fps.

With all that information, can anyone recommend some good mmos?

Thanks for your time.
---
Pokemon White FC 189351748563
#2NeoCrimsonCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 3:39:40 PM
humble bump
---
#3Digital StormPosted 8/6/2013 3:42:18 PM
Rift has a decent F2P model. You may want to look into that.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#4sylverlololPosted 8/6/2013 3:46:22 PM
Digital Storm posted...
Rift has a decent F2P model. You may want to look into that.

I second Rift. You can turn settings down so it isn't demanding. The game is very fun, and if you've ever played WoW, it's similar to the Wrath of the Lich King era in terms of content, accessibility, and ease of acquiring gear as you progress. :)
---
"You need to get your point out in one or two paragraphs. This is a message board, not a therapy session." - TreGooda
#5NeoCrimsonCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 4:17:21 PM
awesome. Rift always looked good to me. I never knew it got a f2p model. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
---
#6ignivimPosted 8/6/2013 4:32:27 PM
Does rift still have a decent sized community?
#7TheNazzaroPosted 8/6/2013 4:40:45 PM
Dofus
---
Use code BOSTONSTRONG to have 50% of your purchase go to the One Fund, helping victims in Boston http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro
#8levelxplanePosted 8/6/2013 4:52:42 PM
TERA was a lot of fun. It also has a decent model.
---
GT: level x plane || Steam: levelxplane
Waiting for: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Dark Souls II,
#9anonymous4everPosted 8/6/2013 5:42:03 PM
Free
MMORPG
Good

Choose two.
#10FF4Fan1313Posted 8/6/2013 5:52:45 PM
Guild Wars 2 is buy to play, but no sub fee. It is VERY different from WoW/Rift/TOR in terms of its philosophy on end game, combat, player progression, and the like. Definitely not without its flaws, but the amount of content is simply massive, PvP is relatively solid, the server vs server fights must be played to be believed, and every new patch improves the game substantially.

The only problem is that I'm not quite sure you can run it, and if you can, I doubt WvW (server fights) will have any playability due to the absolutely massive amount of players onscreen at a time.

As far as purely f2p WoW-esque games go, I second Rift, and TOR is worth taking a look at if you like Star Wars. But overall, GW2 is an awesome package deal if you're willing to take the dive.
---
GW2 - The last time I was this excited for a game was never!
Judge the Catholic Church by its saints, not by its hypocrites.