This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hooked pc to hdtv

#11GravyButt(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 4:11:58 PM
Awesome thanks for the help!
#12overkillwfo1978Posted 8/6/2013 4:30:13 PM
Hooking my PC to my 55" LED pretty much rendered my consoles obsolete. I can't even do desktop and chair anymore. Couch and big screen maxed 1080p games are truly the way to go, not to mention it is basically my all-in-one entertainment system for movies, music, games, emulators you name it. I totally agree w/ you TC. I just wish I would have done it sooner...
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#13GravyButt(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 4:43:14 PM
Yah I cant wait to officially hook it up that way. I just did it as a test to see how it worked. Going to go buy a wireless keyboard and mouse tomorrow after work, so Ill probably reorganize my entertainment center this weekend and get it all set up Saturday (or Friday if it rains)
#14kelemvorPosted 8/6/2013 5:23:45 PM
I use a combination of input devices for my HTPC.

I have a regular wireless mouse and keyboard that I use for games.

I also have a little mini keyboard/touchpad that is about the size of a large candy bar. I don't use it much but my Wife likes it when she wants to watch Netflix.

Finally, I have a wireless Xbox 360 controller that can function as a mouse or an input device for Steam big picture mode.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#15GravyButt(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 2:53:05 AM
How do you get a wireless 360 remote to work? I can only get my wired 360 controller to function.

Thanks!!
#16LordSeiferPosted 8/7/2013 3:19:34 AM
GravyButt posted...
kelemvor posted...
Turn on game mode on your TV. That way it bypasses the tv's image enhancement processing.

After i turned it on I noticed a huge difference in my skill level playing Super Meat Boy and Binding of Isaac. For other games that don't involve fast reflexes, you probably wont notice.

Hmm. In my video options it says IMAGE then you can select between movie game football and a few others. Im assuming thats what you mean?

that just sounds like brightness / contrast settings, not "game mode"
---
^ this
#17RolloverBouncinPosted 8/7/2013 4:07:43 AM
kelemvor posted...
I use a combination of input devices for my HTPC.

I have a regular wireless mouse and keyboard that I use for games.

I also have a little mini keyboard/touchpad that is about the size of a large candy bar. I don't use it much but my Wife likes it when she wants to watch Netflix.

Finally, I have a wireless Xbox 360 controller that can function as a mouse or an input device for Steam big picture mode.

Have mine hooked to a receiver with an hdtv 55. I've been looking for a decent set of wireless keyboard/mouse. Any particular brand for gaming?
---
---
PC + Wii U + 3ds. Sabertooth 990fx-AMD FX8120- AMD 7950 oc 1200/1500-Samsung 128gb - 8gb G.skill Sniper 1866-Raidmax 1000AE psu-Asus 27" VE278Q
#18overkillwfo1978Posted 8/7/2013 4:12:09 AM
GravyButt posted...
How do you get a wireless 360 remote to work? I can only get my wired 360 controller to function.

Thanks!!

I believe for the actual 360 controller to work you need a wireless receiver for PC:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2

Don't quote me on that though, as I have one of these controllers that is made for PC without that adapter:'

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B004QRKWKQ/ref=pd_sim_vg_6
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#19claytonbuckleyPosted 8/7/2013 4:20:32 AM
I know this was an issue for me the first time i tried it on my mum's TV

I never thought of resolutions and hertz when i hook up my PC to her TV but yeah it was some weird resolution and 30 hertz so it looked like arse. So yeah there's probably other stuff to look for but make sure the TV can run 1080p and at least 60mhz

EDIT - mhz is the same as frames per second in case you lived under a rock and didn't know
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#20SlaynPosted 8/7/2013 4:21:52 AM
I have an older 1080p tv and it works great. No game mode, no input lag, no blurriness. Just depends on the TV.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116