This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 780 vs Crossfire 7970 ghz edition

#21Lemur_HPosted 8/6/2013 8:00:05 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
Lemur_H posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
These results do a great job showing how biased the PCH board is towards Nvidia.

Some people want nothing to do with Multi-GPU setups.

Doesn't matter dude, he didn't ask which you would prefer to use or is easier to use, he asked which would perform better.... and it's not even remotely close.

Either way, people will vote for what they prefer. Dude.
#22KURRUPTORPosted 8/6/2013 10:19:23 PM
^^ The question isn't which one you would prefer though...

That would be akin to asking "which game has better graphics, Half Life 1 or Crysis 3" then a bunch of people vote for HL1 because that's the game they prefer. That's just totally ignoring the question being asked and voting out of fanboyism.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#23Lemur_HPosted 8/6/2013 10:20:51 PM
I'm well aware. But you need to face reality. Polls are always going to be a popularity contest. "Fanboyism" as you call it.

Deal with it and move on.
#24nintend0Fan46Posted 8/7/2013 1:32:01 AM
Lemur_H posted...
I'm well aware. But you need to face reality. Polls are always going to be a popularity contest. "Fanboyism" as you call it.

That makes absolutely no sense. Say I set up a poll asking the age of these board members. Is that a popularity contest?
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#25BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 8/7/2013 2:32:27 AM
nintend0Fan46 posted...
Lemur_H posted...

That makes absolutely no sense. Say I set up a poll asking the age of these board members. Is that a popularity contest?

You are joking, right?
---
Intel i5-3570k | Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 x2 | 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Corsair 500R | Corsair HX750 | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#26KURRUPTORPosted 8/7/2013 6:55:50 AM
Lemur_H posted...

That's fine and simply goes to show how blindy biased Nvidia fanboys on this board can be.

My point was that your original post "Some people want nothing to do with Multi-GPU setups." suggested that you yourself voted Nvidia and that it was perfectly reasonable to totally ignore the question being asked. I don't think that's reasonable at all, if you are just going to ignore the question and vote based off of your fanboy then what's the point of even responding. It only goes to show either a lack of reading comprehension or severe lack of knowledge of anyone that voted Nvidia... which I guess is kinda appropriated and may be the only significant information that can be pulled out of the poll; since the correct answer is kinda set in stone based off of plenty of avilable data.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#27ShebeskiiPosted 8/7/2013 5:15:55 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
These results do a great job showing how biased the PCH board is towards Nvidia.

Wouldn't say that. AMD multiGPU was garbage until last week. You can't blame the distrust in AMD's products when AMD built themselves that reputation over many years.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#28ShebeskiiPosted 8/7/2013 5:20:12 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
Lemur_H posted...

That's fine and simply goes to show how blindy biased Nvidia fanboys on this board can be.

My point was that your original post "Some people want nothing to do with Multi-GPU setups." suggested that you yourself voted Nvidia and that it was perfectly reasonable to totally ignore the question being asked. I don't think that's reasonable at all, if you are just going to ignore the question and vote based off of your fanboy then what's the point of even responding. It only goes to show either a lack of reading comprehension or severe lack of knowledge of anyone that voted Nvidia... which I guess is kinda appropriated and may be the only significant information that can be pulled out of the poll; since the correct answer is kinda set in stone based off of plenty of avilable data.

If we're going by benchmarks for 99% of the 7970s and 7970GHz market life, in CF, the 780 smashed it. CF did not function properly. It was a terrible value and a dishonest product feature.

Yes, they fixed it, DAYS ago, after an unacceptable length of time. This problem existed since as long as modern DX11 video cards and CF have existed, at the very least (it probably goes all the way back to the advent of CF, but we'll ignore that fact).

And you expect people to turn around their opinions so quickly?

I voted 7970CF and made a post indicating so, but if anything the 780 win is expected. AMD did this to themselves. This isn't fanboyism. This is reality of cutting corners and ripping people off.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#29ShebeskiiPosted 8/7/2013 5:30:06 PM
AMD is going to have to gain consumer trust back among enthusiasts by providing PROPER and CONSISTENT CF support for months and months to come. People aren't so easily persuaded, with good reason.
---
#30TheFeshPince(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 5:35:47 PM
Dear AMD, you lost this random unimportant poll on a video game message board because no one trusts you. I hope you realize what you've done.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4