This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Original Deus Ex Help

#1TiamatKillerPosted 8/6/2013 9:32:16 PM
Alright, so I am at the part where you get captured after sending the warning message to the NSF. Daedulus opens the cell, I leave, and as soon as I turn to face the hallway, I get a graphical glitch where it looks like a wave of polygons and I am unable to move.

Now, I don't know if this is artifacting or what, but I've been playing games not named Deus Ex perfectly fine.

I have the Steam version, updated to the latest patch/version. I have HDTP and New Vision mods installed, and that is it. I am really at wit's end on how to solve this problem. It's really annoying...I was just starting to get into the story.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#2The_Mighty_QuinPosted 8/6/2013 9:38:21 PM
Try setting all graphics to low for that part. also take a screenshot of the issue.
#3TiamatKiller(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 9:50:44 PM(edited)
The_Mighty_Quin posted...
Try setting all graphics to low for that part. also take a screenshot of the issue.

Well, I would take a screenshot but the game literally freezes once I turn to look.

If it still takes the screenshot then I'll try and do so.

*Edit* I tried to take a screenshot of the problem but it didn't work. I'll try the graphics thing tomorrow.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#4BrutaI_DeluxePosted 8/6/2013 10:10:25 PM
You could maybe try no clipping out of the cell?

Type "t" ingame. Then hit backspace so "Say" is deleted.
Then type: Set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True
Hit enter.
Then press "t" again, erase "Say" like before then type: ghost
Hit enter. That enables noclip mode (which means you can fly and move through objects/walls). If you go too far outside the map, it'll crash the game but tha'ts pretty much impossible to do unless you purposely try to go too far in one direction.

Wait till Deadalus releases the door and then try to just go through a wall or something.

Just so you know, you might want to add in the "invisible" cheat (literally type that) since there's a guard and security camera just as you exit the cells. Normally it's easy to avoid them but with noclip mode, it might be harder if you wander into their viewing range.
#5ShadowBanjoPosted 8/6/2013 10:42:10 PM(edited)
It's an issue with HDTP. Disable the HDTP MJ12 soldier model, or just disable the mod entirely. I had that same issue, and that fixed it. It seems that the MJ12 soldier model has a broken sitting animation that breaks the game.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the game, also. It only gets better from there.
#6TiamatKiller(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 8:32:44 AM
So I've done the ghost cheat as well as turning off the MJ12 soldier HDTP version, and it didn't work. As soon as I leave my cell through the door, and try to turn right, the game completely freezes up.

I went to my Data Directory and tried taking HDTP off, but when I try to load the game it says it can't launch the game because it can't find HDTPanim.

I'll try Windowed mode and also turning the graphics down, but I don't know if it will work.
---
#7PraetorXynPosted 8/7/2013 9:02:36 AM
When I played the game last year the mods I used were:
HDTP
NewVision (I think it's called, it's an environment/object retexture)
Shifter
Deus Ex Enhanced

I never had any issue like you're describing.
I know that Shifter fixes several bugs, and is designed to work with HDTP so that could be the reason.

Deus Ex 2 on the other hand, I just get a black loading screen that lasts forever. I've tried disabling desktop composition, the motherboard audio (Realtek) is disabled in the BIOS as I have a discrete sound card, and all the other fixes I could find, but I just gave up on it. Yes, I'm aware I'm not missing much, but I wanted to play it anyway.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#8TiamatKiller(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 9:20:43 AM
I was able to move past that part of the game!

I disabled every character model that HDTP adds through the in-game menu, and I was able to get past the guard and into the facility.

Thanks for the help.
---