This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows Fallout Tactics?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hows Fallout Tactics?

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 years ago#1
I don't ever hear much about this game, is it the black sheep of the franchise? (unless you count 3 I suppose)
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: CatToy

CatToy
3 years ago#2
Brotherhood of Steel console game is the black sheep. Tactics is a great strategy game that uses Fallout rules and content, but there's little in the way of role playing.
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
3DS: 0301 9786 1157

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
3 years ago#3
The console game is a joke and us Fallout fans pretend it doesn't exist. The third game in the series, Fallout Tactics is a great game.
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
"You can't not pool as Zerg" - FatBlackCat

User Info: polopili

polopili
3 years ago#4
I remember that the online demo used to be more popular than the full game's online mode. Something about having limited weapon selection made the game more strategic.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#5
It's like non-stop combat sequences from Fallout 1 and 2 with no emphasis on role-playing and no open-ended gameplay. For what it is, it's good.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Golden_Gonads

Golden_Gonads
3 years ago#6
I remember when Tactics first came out, and how the rabid Fallout fans savaged it as a terrible, terrible game. Then Brotherhood of Steel came out, and suddenly Tactics became an under-rated gem.

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
3 years ago#7
I ****ing love tactics. Its a really good, really fun squad-based strategy game. satisfying weapons, lots of tactical freedom, TONS content. As long as you know that its not a traditional fallout rpg its very very good.

piss on all those people who bashed it just because it wasnt fallout 3. well no **** it wasnt called fallout 3 for a reason.
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hows Fallout Tactics?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived