This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Board's concensus and thoughts on GoG?

#1AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/9/2013 7:55:58 AM
I'm talking all aspects about them, not simply their stance on DRM. Things like independent dev support, price points, them as a company vs. a company like Valve, etc.

My favorite thing about them has to be how they tweak all their games to work without issues on newer operating systems, something I wish Steam would do more often, if at all.

inb4notBlogFAQs, as I asked a question.
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
~
#2MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/9/2013 8:06:40 AM
More competition is always good.
---
"No. -.-; stop typing nonsense.DRM is always a bad thing, but steam is always good.No way is it DRM, and if u say it is then ur wrong!"-Oil_Rope_Bombs
#3MarceloSampaioPosted 8/9/2013 8:18:10 AM
I never used GoG. I wish I could though, seeing as they have many games I want (the classics, specially), and their DRM policies REALLY interest me.

But they still don't accept Brazilian credit cards, something that prevents me buying from them...
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#4lionheart5656Posted 8/9/2013 8:19:53 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
I never used GoG. I wish I could though, seeing as they have many games I want (the classics, specially), and their DRM policies REALLY interest me.

But they still don't accept Brazilian credit cards, something that prevents me buying from them...

I have so many jokes I want to make that would all get me moderated.

This post will have to do.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#5Zohar_MetatronPosted 8/9/2013 8:22:40 AM
I like GoG on the whole, but I wish they'd patch up some of the holes in their library. Not in terms of additional games (I'm sure they want Lucas on there just as much of the rest of us), but there's still quite a few games on there with missing alternate versions and expansions. (Also not sure why Munch's Oddysee isn't on there, though this isn't a huge deal.)
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#6MarceloSampaioPosted 8/9/2013 8:22:49 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

Probably some 'Murica-type jokes.

Nah, thanks.
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#7pothocketPosted 8/9/2013 8:27:00 AM
I like GOG and I like how they include things like DOS-Box to automatically get games running properly . I bought a lot of games from them during their Summer Sale that I'm still playing through.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8GwendalPosted 8/9/2013 8:29:51 AM
GoG is awesome all around. In addition to what's already been mentioned, they don't pretend US dollars and Euro are the same thing, unlike Steam. That's something I appreciate as a European customer.
---
Currently playing:
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS), Xenosaga Episode 3 (PS2)
#9Digital StormPosted 8/9/2013 8:31:02 AM
Never used them so I don't care all that much.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#10ClouddxPosted 8/9/2013 8:42:22 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

Probably some 'Murica-type jokes.

Nah, thanks.

'Murica, F*** yeh!!! No, in all honestly when I have to play against Brazilians in CS I almost want to cry.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S