This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Board's concensus and thoughts on GoG?

#71Cobra152004Posted 8/11/2013 12:59:12 PM
I've had good luck out of GOG.com so far. Steam sales often beat them on pricing, but you can't go wrong for availability of many older games.
#72JJH777Posted 8/11/2013 1:23:20 PM
GoG is great but they aren't competitive enough in pricing with steam/amazon/gmg. I consider them superior to those 3 if the prices are equal but they are never equal so I basically never buy from GoG aside from games that aren't available anywhere else.
---
If you believe that Abed is the true Messiah and you are 100% proud of it make this your signature.
#73strongo9Posted 8/11/2013 1:42:05 PM
Buburibon posted...
I only like them when I feel nostalgic about playing an old game that's nowhere to be found but GoG. Other than that, I've encountered quite a few problems with some of their "DRM-free" games that were in fact "cracked", and wouldn't work properly for one reason or another. Therefore, given the opportunity, I'd rather deal with Steam, Origin, or Uplay DRM as I've yet to encounter any issues with those.

MarceloSampaio posted...
I never used GoG. I wish I could though, seeing as they have many games I want (the classics, specially), and their DRM policies REALLY interest me.

But they still don't accept Brazilian credit cards, something that prevents me buying from them...

It'd be interesting to know why that is. In my line of work Brazilians are well respected, highly sought-after clients, and I wish I had more of them.

Do you sell MMO subscriptions?
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#74Majoras_pantsPosted 8/11/2013 2:41:11 PM
I prefer steam so that I have everything in the same place. But GoG is great, I've gotten a few games there with great deals over the past couple of years.

No DRM is a good thing. but since Steam DRM has yet to inconvenience me in any way, I don't really care about it.
#75MarceloSampaioPosted 8/12/2013 4:14:41 AM
Ningishzida posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Abandonware is ilegal too.

gawd, dumbest blanket statement i read in along while.

but yeah, lol @ the ppl who think gog is the only place to legally get these games, the borderline scam's got alot of ppl brainwashed

Really?!?

Prove me wrong. Post WHERE do you see abandonware as legal.

Abandonware IS piracy, man. Its just up to you to choose if you wanna download them or not regardless, but it IS illegal.

Don't get me wrong, I have my share of abandonware titles in my PC (and I'm not even sorry! :p), but I'm not blind to the fact that they are, in fact, pirated titles.
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#76EpicKingdom_Posted 8/12/2013 5:11:25 AM
Steam or GTFO.
---
i5-3570k w/ 212 Evo | Z77 Extreme4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC Edition | 16GB of RAM | XFX PRO650w CE | 600GB WD | Fractal Design Define R4 case | 1080p.
#77spud_almightyPosted 8/12/2013 6:03:29 AM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Steam or GTFO.

After you...

I'm a regular at GoG.com, they have a great community that is worth keeping up with.