This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hilarious or ignorant statements that console owners make about the PC

#261GynthaeresPosted 8/14/2013 7:46:38 AM
pothocket posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
pothocket posted...
It's funny that everyone compares console gamers buying games at full price to PC gamers buying games during huge sales. Topics like this are idiotic.

Bitter peasant confirmed.

Sorry I tried to force common sense into the "discussion". Please, continue on with your master race circle jerk.

People compare it that way because sales on PC games are MUCH more common, and tend to be MUCH deeper, than sales on console games.

I don't remember the last $60 PC game I bought at full price. And not just talking about 3 year old games... I preordered Total War: Rome 2 for about $35 from Greenman Gaming. What was the last $60 console game you were able to preorder for $35? And how often does that happen? Because this isn't an unusual occurrence on PC.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#262AsucaHayashiPosted 8/14/2013 8:06:28 AM
pothocket posted...
It's funny that everyone compares console gamers buying games at full price to PC gamers buying games during huge sales. Topics like this are idiotic.

they don't even have to be huge. see: greenmangaming.

also, it's defintely not as funny as when you watch peasants argue they somehow get equal value from the ability to resell their games.

PC gamer: spends $35-40 on a launch game from GMG
console gamer: sells his launch game for $40 and loses $20

peasant thinks his argument holds the same amount of weight.

hilarity ensues.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#263brainlackPosted 8/14/2013 12:36:06 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
OldSorrow posted...
"Even high end PC's can barely handle PS2 games"

this is true though

I've done plenty of PS2 emulation on my PC which isn't really uber high end anymore and I've never run into any trouble. Sure some graphical oddities and what not pop up because of the increased resolution (menu's usually have weird squiggles and what not because they were designed for 480i/p) but nothing that makes them unplayable. I guess I've been lucky and never run into the 22% of games that PCSX2 can't play. All the popular games work just fine on my computer at DX11 1080p with 4xAA with the emulation set to "balanced".

haha pc master race doesn't know a thing about emulation I'm so ashamed

I play mostly on pc but ....

emulating means telling pc hardware they aren't pc hardware
an example is a mini cooper vs a scania 425hp truck
mini cooper needs to carry 30ton excavator, scania can carry the excavator the mini cooper can't so the mini cooper needs to emulate scania truck by adding the same engine which means 2x the horse power

example for ps4/xbone
they are the same arch so simulating is needed
scania truck with 425hp will be simulated by volvo truck with 425hp both can carry excavator the difference would be how truck manufacturers execute their trucks air bags air combustion brakes and chasis
---
playing re6 with 8x sparse grid ss with 32xs(2x2 ss + 8 ms)+ mixed sample x128 + 32 forced anisotropic then I hear ps4 is powerful than my pc
#264Kenshiro11226Posted 8/14/2013 4:38:24 PM
in laymans terms please?^
#265DTM847Posted 8/15/2013 5:35:08 AM
brainlack posted...
haha pc master race doesn't know a thing about emulation I'm so ashamed

I play mostly on pc but ....

emulating means telling pc hardware they aren't pc hardware
an example is a mini cooper vs a scania 425hp truck
mini cooper needs to carry 30ton excavator, scania can carry the excavator the mini cooper can't so the mini cooper needs to emulate scania truck by adding the same engine which means 2x the horse power

example for ps4/xbone
they are the same arch so simulating is needed
scania truck with 425hp will be simulated by volvo truck with 425hp both can carry excavator the difference would be how truck manufacturers execute their trucks air bags air combustion brakes and chasis

What the **** did I just read?
---
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#266DTM847Posted 8/15/2013 5:40:13 AM
SchoolRumble posted...
I'm a 23 year old day trader, sorry I make more than you. Not everyone is as bad off as you are.

Never said I was "bad off" but congratulations on contributing to the arrogant douche stereotype of the PC elitist.
---
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#267vashtrichamPosted 8/15/2013 5:42:33 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
pothocket posted...

they don't even have to be huge. see: greenmangaming.

also, it's defintely not as funny as when you watch peasants argue they somehow get equal value from the ability to resell their games.

PC gamer: spends $35-40 on a launch game from GMG
console gamer: sells his launch game for $40 and loses $20

peasant thinks his argument holds the same amount of weight.

hilarity ensues.

Goog god could you be any more stuck up
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#268Superlinkbros89Posted 8/15/2013 6:11:56 AM
'Well no one notices the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps anyway'
---
Not changing this sig until a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel is announced. Started: 01/01/2013
#269SchoolRumblePosted 8/15/2013 7:55:43 AM
DTM847 posted...
SchoolRumble posted...
I'm a 23 year old day trader, sorry I make more than you. Not everyone is as bad off as you are.

Never said I was "bad off" but congratulations on contributing to the arrogant douche stereotype of the PC elitist.

Well I know you aren't well off because you feel the need to classify things as luxury or necessity.
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
#270sonicteam2k1Posted 8/15/2013 8:03:00 AM
Ma Disc Hard!
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own