This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hilarious or ignorant statements that console owners make about the PC

#281flamerthrowaPosted 8/25/2013 5:10:11 PM
People saying can't use pc in lounge room on big tv?
I've used my 60 inch as exclusive monitor in my room and have my blu ray hooked up too
Dunno how they think you can't use a big tv wow
---
http://tinyurl.com/awwpuv7 i recommend this book to everyone on gfaqs. a fantastic novel by VideoboysaysCube
#282MakeHatePosted 8/25/2013 7:31:38 PM
These topics always come across as reassurance topics. Like the PC crowd need to affirm to each other that they are still "cool" or something.
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#283steveboblarryPosted 8/25/2013 10:07:18 PM
MakeHate posted...
These topics always come across as reassurance topics. Like the PC crowd need to affirm to each other that they are still "cool" or something.

Its not like the console crowd does anything like that either. oh wait.....
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#284kill2thisPosted 8/25/2013 11:31:33 PM
DTM847 posted...

How often do you have problems with your PC setup? I've built 3 PCs and never had to post my specs for the world to fix some problem. Unfortunately your statement reinforces the idea console gamers have that PC gaming is too much of a hassle.

I've literally had one problem in 4 years over 2 builds (faulty board) maybe I picked the wrong phrase, comes in handy when discussing performance etc aswell.
As far as the idea that PC gaming is too much hassle, well you know aswell as I do that a lot of the times it is,
---
i5 3570k @4.2ghz 120gb OCZ ssd, 2TB Barracuda , Corsair h60, GTX770,8gb Corsair ram, Xonar DG, CM690 ii (white) GS800 P8z77 VLX2
#285janemba8888(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 4:29:27 AM
might have already been posted here but

"PC gaming is dying"
---
woosh
#286pothocketPosted 8/29/2013 4:52:54 AM(edited)
steveboblarry posted...
MakeHate posted...

Its not like the console crowd does anything like that either. oh wait.....

Actually they don't. I can't speak for the PS3 board but the 360 board doesn't make circle jerk reassurance topics that they are smart and everyone else is dumb. The PC board, however, sees a lot of those.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#287DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/29/2013 5:01:18 AM
pothocket posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
pothocket posted...
It's funny that everyone compares console gamers buying games at full price to PC gamers buying games during huge sales. Topics like this are idiotic.

Bitter peasant confirmed.

Sorry I tried to force common sense into the "discussion". Please, continue on with your master race circle jerk.

Comparing infrequent 20-30% off sales to daily 50%+off deals is common sense?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#288AngurvadalPosted 8/29/2013 5:33:47 AM
"PC gaming is expensive"

The hardware is a little more expensive than a console up front, but the games are so much cheaper and online play is free.

People seem to forget to add $100 a year to Xbox cost for the online play.
---
Words of wisdom from Guybrush Threepwood:
http://tinyurl.com/cell59d
#289Ch3wyPosted 8/29/2013 5:38:05 AM
Angurvadal posted...
"PC gaming is expensive"

The hardware is a little more expensive than a console up front, but the games are so much cheaper and online play is free.

Why the **** would you pay $100 for Xbox LIVE?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#290Lwaxana_TroiPosted 8/29/2013 5:43:57 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Angurvadal posted...
"PC gaming is expensive"

Why the **** would you pay $100 for Xbox LIVE?

$8/month * 12 months/year = ($8 * 12 months)/(year * month) = ($8 * 12)/(year) = $96/year

I kept the units since math seems really hard for you. Hopefully that makes it more clear.