This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you pay $20 more for games...

#1TakushoPosted 8/11/2013 2:06:14 PM
If they were available (digitally) for all of your consoles? Not sure how it would work, whether it's a developer/host registration that would allow for an account the item(s) are registered to be available universally for all consoles where those particular games are available, or if you would get codes for the items (which would be easily exploitable).

Just as a general question though...would it be worth it if they jacked up the general video game price by $20 if it were available for all of your consoles? Personally, I would do it depending on the time of release. If I could wait for sales and get them cheaper separately, I would. But if I want say...Battlefield 4 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, and Playstation 4 to play with my various friend groups...I'd be flat-out broke between all of my consoles and games.

Nowadays I buy all of my games for PC, but I still have friend groups in other consoles. The downgrades don't exactly constitute extra spending...so I was curious how others feel about this who face a similar situation.
#2DiviDudePosted 8/11/2013 2:06:54 PM
I don't even pay $20 for the games originally... so nope.
#3Abiz_Posted 8/11/2013 2:10:31 PM
...Nope.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#4dekouPosted 8/11/2013 2:16:29 PM
I don't even own a console, so no. I suspect many console gamers don't own a gaming PC, either, so they'd be left out.

It'd be good as an optional deal, however.
#5Maiken100Posted 8/11/2013 2:17:15 PM
If the option to choose between single system and multiplatform were available, then yes.
#6maybecallsPosted 8/11/2013 2:18:39 PM
DiviDude posted...
I don't even pay $20 for the games originally... so nope.

I'm in the UK, but I think that's more than I've paid any game for a long time, too.

No.
#7PhilOnDezPosted 8/11/2013 2:41:18 PM
Depends on the game. If I had that option I'd use it from time to time but i definitely wouldn't use it for every game.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8JKatarnPosted 8/11/2013 2:42:34 PM
To me the vast majority of games released aren't worth full price, so no, I would not pay $20 on top of the standard MSRP.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#9Lord_CohlianiPosted 8/11/2013 2:42:58 PM
Why would I want a master race copy and a pleb copy?
---
SteamID: Lord Cohliani
#10Orestes417Posted 8/11/2013 2:43:15 PM
Nope. In fact I might be inclined to pay $20 less if they tried to justify a price hike like that
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.