This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CDPR confirms Witcher 3 Reveal Tomorrow

#31Ch3wyPosted 8/13/2013 11:51:17 AM
Ningishzida posted...

check the bolded bit for what i said, its a valid criticism.

1) QTEs
2) there is STILL a cooldown period for looting a ****ing corpse. STILL. you kill an enemy and you stand there WAITING to loot a corpse. INSANE.
3) UI panels actually take TIME to display, like you hit the "I" key for inventory, and it sort of fades in over time. is that supposed to be stylish and softer on the eyes?
4) "wise" use of alchemy and enhancements (buffs) requires player foreknowledge of events aka metagaming
5) combat is clunky and horrid. See Demon/Dark Souls for tactful combat
6) too many cutscenes, cutscene to game-play ratio is borderline MGS4

7) responding to players' criticisms about Geralt in TW1 having to sheathe his sword in town and not being able to kill any peasant or guard by ALLOWING him to have his sword unsheathed but then being attacked by guards, who he is then forced to kill, and then fining him 200 orens or "We will kill you in a cutscene and gameover!" is just BEING A HORRID DEV.
speaking of which, cutscene kills. you pick the "wrong" dialogue option and the game simply enters cutscene mode and kills you off. now why give you the choice in the first place, if all it does is necessitate reload, is it really just so some cinematic crew gets paid to make more cutscenes?

8) they slowed down the speed of movement and combat, rule number one of any ACTION rpg sequel, never make combat and movement rate slower. EVER.

9) the art direction is impressive even though its childishly enthusiastic. by that i mean, when you move around these areas, you can't help but get the feeling CDPR are like kindergarten kids holding up their papers saying "Look What I Can Draw!"
the scenery is also too colorful, colorful = immaturity. adults with good taste always go for limited color in all things, even TW1 had some taste by restraint. mood cannot be set with too much color variation and bloom like we see in TW2

10) there are problems with the high fidelity and foliage complexity concealing things from the player due to being them being way overdone, like pathways and ledges. never conceal the building blocks of area design, that's a fatal flaw.

11) Blinding over-use of bloom, some items emit light like the sun.

12) Geralt has to step down ledges one at a time, wouldn't wanna twist a delicate ankle. and yet in a fight he moves like a puma. so he goes from Nike airs in-combat to high heels out of combat.

13) sometimes when you kill a mob, save then reload, the mob spawns ontop of you and you get overwhelmed and killed /facepalm

14) sometimes enemies just DISAPPEAR, as if the game didn't know what to do with them.

15) the agile Geralt has probs sometimes simply opening doors and stepping thru the doorways, believe it or not this clunky glitch still remain after the massive overhaul the game got from the community, so it must be another case of CDPR hardcoding incurable clunkiness into their game

16) too many scripted events in Prologue, the dragon breathing fire was ****ing lame, I played on Dark difficulty and was killed SEVERAL times by over-time AoE flames. the scripted events were poor, the potshot you were able to take of the Count on the wall during the siege was a GIMMICK.

17) character building is initially non-existent, i have examples but GFQs has char limit to posts.

most overrated RPG dev ever, they pretend to be "monocled and top-hat" but are in actuality gutter louts of RPG deving

I didn't read any of that but none of those points are valid criticisms. You're just being pedantic.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#32Freelance_WolfPosted 8/13/2013 1:05:28 PM(edited)
Man, he's still doing that? He has cut and pasted that same list in every Witcher-related thread I've seen here. You'd think he'd stop already.

That also confirms my post when I said he thought it was 'too colourful and looks kiddy.' Of all the 'valid reasons' he has for hating the game, that is the most asinine I've seen.

BTW I don't hate open world RPGs. I need linearity. I can see why people like those though.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#33TiamatKillerPosted 8/13/2013 12:52:30 PM
Ningishzida, could you at least try to be as good as Trance_Fan? Please, I beg you.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#34Reaper_MinionPosted 8/13/2013 12:59:07 PM
This guy's unhealthy obsession is pretty awesome, actually.
---
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#35NingishzidaPosted 8/13/2013 12:59:26 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Man, he's still doing that? He has cut and pasted that same list in every Witcher-related thread I've seen here. You'd think he'd stop already.

actually, i tend to add to it and refine it each time.

That also confirms my post when I said he thought it was 'too colourful and looks kiddy.' Of all the 'valid reasons' he has for hating the game, that is the most asinine I've seen.

aesthetic criticism is srs bisniz. and TW2 is a tasteless, smudged BLOTCH of color to appeal only to teh basest sensibilities.

BTW I don't hate open world RPGs. I just don't think they're for me. I can see why people like those though.

i can see why CDPR are making TW3 into a Skyrim clone, tey wantz teh moniez.
---
Survivor of countless moderations, 3 suspensions and 2 purgatories.
#36TiamatKillerPosted 8/13/2013 1:06:05 PM
Ningishzida posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...

actually, i tend to add to it and refine it each time.

aesthetic criticism is srs bisniz. and TW2 is a tasteless, smudged BLOTCH of color to appeal only to teh basest sensibilities.

BTW I don't hate open world RPGs. I just don't think they're for me. I can see why people like those though.

i can see why CDPR are making TW3 into a Skyrim clone, tey wantz teh moniez.

I see you decided to ignore my plea...that is quite sad indeed.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#37NingishzidaPosted 8/13/2013 1:10:32 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
I see you decided to ignore my plea...that is quite sad indeed.

your plea was meaningless to me, i neither know of the user nor what the user REPRESENT.

however, i am me and model myself only on numero uno
---
#38NingishzidaPosted 8/14/2013 1:28:30 PM
goodies.zip

and who watched the cinematic trailer lol
---