This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Amazon price match other online retailers?

#1Snuckie7Posted 8/12/2013 10:58:53 PM
Yeah I know they say in their official policy that they don't, but is it any different in practice?
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#2kill2thisPosted 8/13/2013 5:07:17 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
Yeah I know they say in their official policy that they don't, but is it any different in practice?

Why not contact customer support and ask?
---
i5 3570k @4.6ghz 120gb OCZ ssd, 2TB Barracuda , Corsair h60, GTX770,8gb Corsair ram, Xonar DG, CM690 ii (white) GS800 P8z77 VLX2
#3Ch3wyPosted 8/13/2013 5:10:23 AM
Probably not but their customer support is known to give you refunds and such before you even ask for them so who knows.

I would just buy it from those other retailers though because Amazon is going to consume the entire online shopping industry in due time.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4r0ge00Posted 8/13/2013 6:42:07 AM
You have to submit a price match to them for the product at the bottom of the page. If you already bought something and they end up price matching it, you could talk to CS to get a price adjustment.
#5ArsenicOverlordPosted 8/13/2013 6:50:38 AM
Keep in mind that Amazon charges sales tax for several states. So even if Amazon price-matches, you still might be better off ordering from the other retailer.
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11
#6GreenMage7Posted 8/13/2013 6:52:40 AM
Snuckie7 posted...

No, they don't. They only price match on TVs. You can try, but you're going to get a whole lot of no unfortunately.
#7ArsenicOverlordPosted 8/13/2013 7:05:33 AM
By the way, the way to have any chance of getting a price-matching from Amazon is to ask for it after you order, not before.

Like, place an order, and then email customer service something like, "hey, I placed an order from you for this and this, but then I just found out such and such retailer is selling the same thing at lower price. Can you price-match? I'd hate to cancel my order with you."

Then they might email you back something like, "this is against our official policy, so we don't usually do this, but we can make an exception here as a courtesy."

I did this once, and it worked. I don't know if it's gonna work every time, and maybe I simply got lucky that time, I have no idea. But I figure it's probably the only shot you'll have at getting a price-match from Amazon.
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11