This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does everyone think of this HP Pavilion Desktop?

#41gastamanPosted 8/13/2013 4:57:44 PM
O_Town_Rulez posted...
gastaman posted...
SnipeStar posted...
can't tell if troll topic

I think it's pretty obvious, now...

It wasn't a troll topic, you guys just pissed me off.

Honestly, it seems like the majority of the people replying were trying to be helpful, including myself. It appears you just flipped a lid because you weren't hearing the things you wanted to hear. Anyway, how consoles became a part of this conversation, I don't know... but it really just makes it look like you're trolling...
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#42MasterDonGeroPosted 8/13/2013 5:09:14 PM
Either way, no one should waste their time with TC.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#43PhilOnDezPosted 8/13/2013 5:13:12 PM(edited)
Neither gaming nor video editing needs anything super fancy, but recording is really hard on your CPU, even uncompressed video, and an APU most likely isn't going to cut it while still having playable frame rates. If you want to see what recording on an APU is going to look like then watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8sVR3M28hI

If you want truly smoothe recording you'll also need a second HDD so the heads don't have to fight about reading and writing.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#44O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 5:23:17 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
Either way, no one should waste their time with TC.

I agree and I won't waste anymore of your guys time. I'll just contact Best Buy.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Orlando Magic - Off-Season
#45gastamanPosted 8/13/2013 5:24:21 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Neither gaming nor video editing needs anything super fancy, but recording is really hard on your CPU, even uncompressed video, and an APU most likely isn't going to cut it while still having playable frame rates. If you want to see what recording on an APU is going to look like then watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8sVR3M28hI

If you want truly smoothe recording you'll also need a second HDD so the heads don't have to fight about reading and writing.

He's planning on using a Hauppauge for recording and on-the-fly encoding, so that shouldn't be a problem. I was merely suggesting he wait and save up, because while you don't need the best computer to edit videos and re-encode them, if he really is planning on doing a lot of videos, it may become tedious doing so with an APU or weaker CPU.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200