This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stalker games.

#1CommonJoePosted 8/14/2013 6:59:47 AM
Now, for one thing, I've never played any of the Stalker games. However, I've been looking at them, and seemingly they look like they have DayZ-like gameplay (apocalyptic type setting, open-world free roaming etc) with more RPG elements.

So my question is whether or not thats accurate, and if its not, then what the heck does Stalker play like? I could watch youtube videos but I"d rather not, because I'd rather not have the gameplay spoiled before I start the game. (its weird I know)
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#2sauruschamp1Posted 8/14/2013 7:05:43 AM
metro 2033
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian SteamID: Zarosio 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#3snesmaster40Posted 8/14/2013 7:07:44 AM
It sort of is like DayZ, but with quests that you can accept.

All of the games have a main story, but you can usually go explore, hunt mutants, fight bandits, upgrade weapons (CS and CoP have this feature), and more. There is some survival elements like food and there's radiation which you have to be careful off.
---
Are we not men?
#4Mr_BankercatPosted 8/14/2013 7:07:55 AM
I'm curious as well.
#5romsnbombsPosted 8/14/2013 7:07:57 AM
I've not played SoC that much. And I've hardly played clear sky at all.

but I've played CoP a lot. I almost became obsessed with the game. You can wander around and around just looking for things. Feels more open world to me than SoC did.
---
2600k | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | GTX 780 | 700W silent pro
#6NingishzidaPosted 8/14/2013 12:41:43 PM
snesmaster40 posted...
All of the games have a main story, but you can usually go explore, hunt mutants, fight bandits, upgrade weapons (CS and CoP have this feature), and more. There is some survival elements like food and there's radiation which you have to be careful off.

this.

there are also anomalies of diff kinds, and artifacts which spawn from them.

artifacts can be attached to the STALKER's girdle and give bonuses/penalties to diff statuses.

you can "build" a girdle around an idea (say, of being a tank against ballistics), or you can balance it between HP and stamina regen or lethal chemical/electrical/radioactive environments
your choice of artifacts depends on armor worn and playstyle.

in SoC mod OGSE you can even transmute artifacts

then you have factions, which you can become friend or foe of, can be important in SoC. it isn't good to have factions as your enemy unless you like constantly being shot at.

i've played many overhaul mods for STALKER series, and OGSE for SoC is easily the most intense/immersive SP first-person experience i ever had
---
Survivor of countless moderations, 3 suspensions and 2 purgatories.