This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to give it to EA for this Humble Bundle...

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/14/2013 12:50:16 PM
Not only are these games insanely cheap, but they're providing people with 2 keys for 5 of the 8 games. I know it doesn't really cost them much to do this but this could have easily been an Origin-Only deal and they threw in some Steam love too. Props to EA for a damn good bundle I say...
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#2Ch3wyPosted 8/14/2013 12:51:38 PM
If you buy this bundle, then EA is going to be giving it to you.

Don't trust the system, man.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 8/14/2013 12:53:19 PM
I give props to them because they are giving every penny of it to charity and they didn't just give you s***ty games, they gave you AAA stuff.
---
Intel i5-3570k | Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 x2 | 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Corsair 500R | Corsair HX750 | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#4xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 12:55:25 PM
Ch3wy posted...

this guy, lol.

Always make me laugh Ch3wy...
---
#5lionheart5656Posted 8/14/2013 1:02:21 PM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Ch3wy posted...

this guy, lol.

It costs them nothing. They've already made what they needed to one these games. Everything past is pure profit.

All this does is get people onto Origin where they can screw you later while providing the appearance of generosity. Celebrities and billionaires donate to charities all the time for the same exact reason.

Never forget that EA is in it 100% for the money and could not care less about anything else.

They answer to shareholders and that's it.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#6xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 1:05:56 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Ch3wy posted...

this guy, lol.

It costs them nothing. They've already made what they needed to one these games. Everything past is pure profit.

All this does is get people onto Origin where they can screw you later while providing the appearance of generosity. Celebrities and billionaires donate to charities all the time for the same exact reason.

Never forget that EA is in it 100% for the money and could not care less about anything else.

Say what you will, but this works for getting people to donate I believe. Whatever their intention is behind it, the money goes to the places that can use it. I couldn't care less why a celeb or EA donates... as long as they do. I think this is a good thing.
---
#7AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/14/2013 1:08:39 PM
This works for getting more people to use Origin. That's all this is.

But, insane deal that's for sure. If I wanted any of them / didn't have them already I'd jump on it. Really the best deal is Dead Space 3. What a freakin slap in the face to anyone who bought it this year though.
#8Grimlink132Posted 8/14/2013 1:09:31 PM
its just a way to get people to download origin. Which is why i assume dead space 3 is in the $1 bundle. I think its a great way to advertise origin though, and good to see ea doing stuff like this.
#9lionheart5656Posted 8/14/2013 2:52:24 PM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Ch3wy posted...

this guy, lol.

Say what you will, but this works for getting people to donate I believe. Whatever their intention is behind it, the money goes to the places that can use it. I couldn't care less why a celeb or EA donates... as long as they do. I think this is a good thing.

Actually most money in charities goes to hiring staff, employees, and CEOs.

Very little actually goes to the stated goal.

Maybe you shouldn't be such a sheep and actually learn what you are talking about.

If they really wanted to help, they'd use the money to create a new school in the ghetto or something.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#10xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 3:39:43 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Ch3wy posted...

this guy, lol.

Actually most money in charities goes to hiring staff, employees, and CEOs.

Very little actually goes to the stated goal.

Maybe you shouldn't be such a sheep and actually learn what you are talking about.

If they really wanted to help, they'd use the money to create a new school in the ghetto or something.

I don't recall you being so completely cynical around here. Or maybe I just forgot. It seems you have a real issue and bone to pick with this whole Humble Bundle deal and/or EA. I can feel the hatred flowing from within you... lol
---