This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to give it to EA for this Humble Bundle...

#11superbowl54Posted 8/14/2013 3:41:51 PM
the whole problem is

I want to play Battlefield 3 but can't because I can't seem to redeem codes on Origin right now.
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
The Xbox One is proof that when we vote with our wallets, we can make anything happen!
#12MercurysMessagePosted 8/14/2013 3:53:32 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Ch3wy posted...
If you buy this bundle, then EA is going to be giving it to you.

Don't trust the system, man.

this guy, lol.

Always make me laugh Ch3wy...

It costs them nothing. They've already made what they needed to one these games. Everything past is pure profit.

All this does is get people onto Origin where they can screw you later while providing the appearance of generosity. Celebrities and billionaires donate to charities all the time for the same exact reason.

Never forget that EA is in it 100% for the money and could not care less about anything else.

They answer to shareholders and that's it.

Say what you will, but this works for getting people to donate I believe. Whatever their intention is behind it, the money goes to the places that can use it. I couldn't care less why a celeb or EA donates... as long as they do. I think this is a good thing.

Actually most money in charities goes to hiring staff, employees, and CEOs.

Very little actually goes to the stated goal.

Maybe you shouldn't be such a sheep and actually learn what you are talking about.

If they really wanted to help, they'd use the money to create a new school in the ghetto or something.

Almost everybody knows that. This is good games cheap though, and everyone with half a brain knows that all companies/people in business are after is profit. Stop being such a black sheep and enjoy the deals and games.
---
"There is not love of life without despair about life"
-Albert Camus
#13JKatarnPosted 8/14/2013 3:56:16 PM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
I give props to them because they are giving every penny of it to charity and they didn't just give you s***ty games, they gave you AAA stuff.

Just because a game doesn't have AAA production values doesn't make it crap (conversely, just because a game has lower-end graphics/is independently produced doesn't make it good either). Then again, by your username I imagine this is probably falling on deaf ears.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#14SolidManifestPosted 8/14/2013 4:00:08 PM
Pure profit for EA? Am I the only one that set the sliders to Charity and Humble tip?
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#15MercurysMessagePosted 8/14/2013 4:00:24 PM
JKatarn posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
I give props to them because they are giving every penny of it to charity and they didn't just give you s***ty games, they gave you AAA stuff.

Just because a game doesn't have AAA production values doesn't make it crap (conversely, just because a game has lower-end graphics/is independently produced doesn't make it good either). Then again, by your username I imagine this is probably falling on deaf ears.

Judging by his username?! Ps3 graphics were never good compared to PC, and ps3 has a lot of good games from indie devs. So what? Lol
---
-Albert Camus
#16lionheart5656Posted 8/14/2013 4:07:26 PM
MercurysMessage posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

Almost everybody knows that. This is good games cheap though, and everyone with half a brain knows that all companies/people in business are after is profit. Stop being such a black sheep and enjoy the deals and games.

There's a difference between a company that wants profits and a company whose sole motivation is money.

If you let them, they well sell you 30 min games at $100 a piece and then stop supporting them within a month.

Whereas Valve certainly wants to make a profit but wouldn't do that even given the chance because they have some care for their customers.

You simply lack the intelligence to make the distinction.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#17MercurysMessagePosted 8/14/2013 4:10:30 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
MercurysMessage posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

There's a difference between a company that wants profits and a company whose sole motivation is money.

If you let them, they well sell you 30 min games at $100 a piece and then stop supporting them within a month.

Whereas Valve certainly wants to make a profit but wouldn't do that even given the chance because they have some care for their customers.

You simply lack the intelligence to make the distinction.

Hahahahahahahahaha, don't make me laugh any more. If a company were to release a 30 min game for $100 and stop supporting it nobody would support the company. EA never does that and your whole arguement is foolish. Did you read that fake piece of crap text you sent me off of an angry nerds blog who doesn't understand economics?
---
-Albert Camus
#18thefabregas22Posted 8/14/2013 4:20:36 PM
I wonder if the people who boycott ea games will ignore this bundle?
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy
#19strongo9Posted 8/14/2013 4:20:48 PM
There's no way too only give the money to charity and and Humble Bundle inc. Past bundles let you choose not to give the developer(s) any money. Too bad.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#20ein311Posted 8/14/2013 4:22:16 PM(edited)
SolidManifest posted...
Am I the only one that set the sliders to Charity and Humble tip?

All the EA bandwagon haters probably didn't read the part that says:

"Origin and EA are donating their share of the proceeds from this bundle to the following charities!"

AKA

EA isn't profiting off this.

Case in point, someone who didn't read:
strongo9 posted...
There's no way too only give the money to charity and and Humble Bundle inc. Past bundles let you choose not to give the developer(s) any money. Too bad.

---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations