This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So... this system build:

#11chrono625Posted 8/14/2013 11:01:26 PM
GreenMage7 posted...
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
GreenMage7 posted...
I would probably get this power supply instead:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182068&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

It is technically rated 70W lower than the one you picked out, but it is higher quality.

wot? Higher quality than Seasonic? nope.jpg
While both are fine units, I'd pick the SeaSonic any day.

TC, I'd pick up a Gigabyte UD3H. Never heard a bad thing about it.

Looking at only the brand name rather than the actual unit. This is why so many people get stuck with those terrible WD Blue hard drives these days. =/

Rosewill PSU's are severely hit or miss. If I had to choose between a seasonic brand and any other brand, I'd take seasonic 10/10 times.

It isn't just the name, it's the fact that seasonic makes the best PSU's on the market and which is why brands like Corsair are just seasonics with a different external case.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#12SlaynPosted 8/14/2013 11:11:35 PM
Wouldn't touch a thing.

Except for the case. I hate cheap cases. Look crappy, terrible cable management, the last one I had RATTLED! Drove me insane! Your choice, though.

I wouldn't worry about the mobo, it's perfectly fine. Unless you have to RMA it. Good luck with Asrock.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#13GreenMage7Posted 8/14/2013 11:14:56 PM
Slayn posted...
Wouldn't touch a thing.

Except for the case. I hate cheap cases. Look crappy, terrible cable management, the last one I had RATTLED! Drove me insane! Your choice, though.

I wouldn't worry about the mobo, it's perfectly fine. Unless you have to RMA it. Good luck with Asrock.

Yeah, if I can't run cables behind a case it's a no-buy for me. Everything looks so nice and clean inside my tower, which also coincidentally makes it easier to clean!
#14GreenMage7Posted 8/14/2013 11:16:35 PM
chrono625 posted...
GreenMage7 posted...
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
GreenMage7 posted...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182068&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

It is technically rated 70W lower than the one you picked out, but it is higher quality.

Looking at only the brand name rather than the actual unit. This is why so many people get stuck with those terrible WD Blue hard drives these days. =/

Rosewill PSU's are severely hit or miss. If I had to choose between a seasonic brand and any other brand, I'd take seasonic 10/10 times.

It isn't just the name, it's the fact that seasonic makes the best PSU's on the market and which is why brands like Corsair are just seasonics with a different external case.

What?

Just by reading the reviews on newegg you can see that the Seasonic one is just as hit or miss as the Rosewill one, actually moreso if you look at the overall rating. And Rosewill doesn't have the benefit of having Seasonic as their brand name. Also, 80 Plus Gold.
#15GreenMage7Posted 8/14/2013 11:17:13 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
Caviar Blues? Those drives are great though.

They used to be. Ever since the thing with Toshiba their quality has gone to crap because, well, Toshiba.
#16DerPancakePosted 8/14/2013 11:37:31 PM
daemon_dan posted...
DerPancake posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
I'd get a nicer motherboard, but I take it you don't need a video card?

I agree with Snuckie. I would get an ASUS motherboard, if you have the money go for the Sabertooth.

The sabertooth isn't even that great a board. It sacrifices slots and features for their milspec design.

Can you name this features?
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#17daemon_danPosted 8/15/2013 1:01:18 AM
DerPancake posted...
daemon_dan posted...
DerPancake posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
I'd get a nicer motherboard, but I take it you don't need a video card?

I agree with Snuckie. I would get an ASUS motherboard, if you have the money go for the Sabertooth.

The sabertooth isn't even that great a board. It sacrifices slots and features for their milspec design.

Can you name this features?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=maximus%20vi&bop=And&CompareItemList=-1|13-131-976^13-131-976-TS%2C13-131-975^13-131-975-TS&percm=13-131-975%3A%24%24%24%24%24%24%24

Just look for yourself. Keep in mind the maximus vi gene is a MICRO atx. And has more actual features. All the stuff on the sabertooth that looks like extra "features" are just part of its milspec design. The board is built to be tough and moved around a LOT. I'm guessing that's not something you do with it?
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#18chrono625Posted 8/15/2013 8:28:30 AM
GreenMage7 posted...
chrono625 posted...
GreenMage7 posted...
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
GreenMage7 posted...

What?

Just by reading the reviews on newegg you can see that the Seasonic one is just as hit or miss as the Rosewill one, actually moreso if you look at the overall rating. And Rosewill doesn't have the benefit of having Seasonic as their brand name. Also, 80 Plus Gold.

The rosewill you listed also isn't midular while the seasonic is semi modular. That is another important facotr IMO in a PSU.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#19rareware101Posted 8/15/2013 8:37:43 AM(edited)
Dump the pointless half of the RAM and put it towards a much nicer case if you're happy with the mobo. Or use it to get a decent CPU cooler. At the budget end I'd go for one of these:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2013/05/02/silverstone-argon-ar01-review/1
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser
#20PyrotechnixxxPosted 8/15/2013 9:31:23 AM
SeaSonic is an OEM, not just a brand, and they've consistently made reliable power supplies. Rosewill is just a name, and what you're buying is someone else's product, essentially. The Capstone series is one of their better lines, made by Super Flower, who also makes solid, reliable units. However, the SeaSonic PSU is certainly a better deal - surely 70W more and modular cables are worth $5. 70W can make the difference between being stuck with a single card setup and being able to CFX or SLI.

Review on Newegg are useless. You can find reviews for the GT 610 that say it can max Battlefield 3. Don't rely on them for your information.
---
Fear is a leash.