This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here actually played DuckTales Remastered yet?

#1Mhunter04Posted 8/15/2013 1:50:15 AM
Any comments? impressions?

Gamespot seem to be very harsh on it both on their written and video review.
#2AsucaHayashiPosted 8/15/2013 1:59:39 AM
beautiful presentation.

same old gameplay.

also, a lot of cutscenes but at least they're skippable if you just want to jump around.

the only real "flaw" is that if you waste your lives you're booted back to the beginning and have to start from scratch probably to stay true to the oldschool feel.

it's just that some levels are intentionally designed to make you lose lives pretty fast and it can get annoying when you have to recollect and reactivate all cutscenes before reaching the same point in any given level.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#3chris1001 the sequelPosted 8/15/2013 2:10:03 AM(edited)
The Gamespot review was crap, He moaned that the game was too hard, He complained about the abundance of cutscenes all of which are skipable, and he complains about the bosses having predictable patterns.

He basically complained about a remake of an NES game being a remake of an NES game.

If you look at the other reviews, the Gamespot review is WAY off from the average.

This is a great review to watch for those familiar with the original game.
http://www.screwattack.com/reviews/review-ducktales-remastered

If you like Ducktales and/or have fond memories of the game, or just looking for platformer that doesn't hold your and makes gameover an actual punishment, then go for it.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#4josh_bazzellPosted 8/15/2013 2:49:16 AM
My wife loves it. Not too bad so far
---
My gaming rig: ASUS G73JW: I7 740qm, 8 gigs ddr3, Nvidia Geforce 460m.
I like single player games. Nothing is quite as enjoyable as playing with myself.
#5KilronPosted 8/15/2013 2:54:41 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
the only real "flaw" is that if you waste your lives you're booted back to the beginning and have to start from scratch probably to stay true to the oldschool feel.

it's just that some levels are intentionally designed to make you lose lives pretty fast and it can get annoying when you have to recollect and reactivate all cutscenes before reaching the same point in any given level.

The lives system is taken away if you play on easy. However you lose the map if you play on hard (and two hearts on easy and normal turn into the hidden treasures on hard), and you can't save the game at all on expert until you beat it.

My only wish is to have a mode without the cutscenes, as after playing the same level a few times, you're pretty much always skipping them.
---
A duck walks into a doctor's office and says, "Quack!"
#6DieForMotherLandPosted 8/15/2013 3:00:11 AM
It's a nice game, and I never played the original. Pogoing around is so much fun.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara