This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need help with Modern Warfare 2 (MW2)

#1ghostwarrior79Posted 8/15/2013 9:34:27 AM
I'm in a bit of a hurry, so here are me questions.

1. I wanna get MW 2 so I can play offline multiplayer with bots (it's possible with a mod) So, if I bought MW 2 from the stores, will I have to install/download ANYTHING from the net? Or, will EVERYTHING be installed from the disk (without a net connection)??? Can you tell me how to install mw2 from the disk without a net connection?

2. I already have steam. Now, about the updates and patches- How big are they? My system is meters away from my rather pathetic wi-fi. Is there any other legit or not-so-legit way to get patches/updates for mw2???

3. If anyone else has this mod for mw2, can you tell me how you installed it on your legit version of the game??? Also, do I need the LATEST STEAM version of mw2 to run the mod mentioned below?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkn-wUMjdk

That's it for now (I guess) I recommend you track this topic. Why? So, if I got any more questions, I CAN ASK YOU. BYE and THANKS IN ADVANCE
---
IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AND YOU ARE 100% SURE AND PROUD ABOUT IT, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG! BATTLEFIELD 4 PATRIOT
#2ghostwarrior79(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 1:07:06 AM
BUMP! I'm getting bored!
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! I play lots of Modern Warfare 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction when I'm bored. BATTLEFIELD 4 Patriot
#3Mr_LundegaardPosted 8/20/2013 1:13:44 AM
wut
---
Steam: Symbolic
#4cjburn851Posted 8/20/2013 7:04:37 AM
Coincidentally, I just tried this mod out yesterday. It was RSE v13 though. It was as simple
as copying the mod files to the modern warfare 2 main folder. You may want to create a backup
of your MW2 folder before you try it though.

As for your questions, I'm pretty sure you gotta install it through steam regardless, so you need
to be online. I have the disc version too. Once it's done, you'll most likely download the latest
updates for the game before you can play.

I'm not actually sure on the size of the download.

The mod is actually really easy to install, but you can find some tutorials on youtube for it if you're
in doubt. Once installed though, it doesn't go through steam any more. You gotta run it from the folder, or create shortcuts.
---
Gaming in the 90's > Everything else
#5Brass_EyePosted 8/20/2013 7:07:22 AM
ghostwarrior79 posted...

Are you a pirate?
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltjffudVQ61qcji8c.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqp4iFO441qg5fyl.gif
#6ghostwarrior79(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 1:02:26 AM
cjburn851 posted...
Coincidentally, I just tried this mod out yesterday. It was RSE v13 though. It was as simple
as copying the mod files to the modern warfare 2 main folder. You may want to create a backup
of your MW2 folder before you try it though.

As for your questions, I'm pretty sure you gotta install it through steam regardless, so you need
to be online. I have the disc version too. Once it's done, you'll most likely download the latest
updates for the game before you can play.

I'm not actually sure on the size of the download.

The mod is actually really easy to install, but you can find some tutorials on youtube for it if you're
in doubt. Once installed though, it doesn't go through steam any more. You gotta run it from the folder, or create shortcuts.

Hmm.... Okay. The only issue is the size of the download. My wi-fi is pathetic(ish). I already know that the mod won't run through Steam. THANKS. Take a wild guess and tell me the size of the update. 20mb, 200mb. 2GB?!
BYE!
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! I play lots of Modern Warfare 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction when I'm bored. BATTLEFIELD 4 Patriot
#7WeaponX1138Posted 8/22/2013 3:09:35 AM
Brass_Eye posted...
ghostwarrior79 posted...

Are you a pirate?

Milk came out my nose
---
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. STEAM ID: Silentmark1138