This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does nobody have a dollar?

#41qeoijlijwPosted 8/15/2013 3:06:48 PM
Khronickana posted...
I don't mind when people ask for stuff in other topics. but when they make a topic specifically to beg, with a sob story as to why they can't buy it themself, that rubs me the wrong way.

Another thing is copy/pasting a mangled sentence with the poorest grammar around (yes i realize they're probably not english speakers)... but in like 4 topics.

i mean, shoot. I've got FarCry: blood dragon to trade for the Sims 3 if anybody's interested... but you don't see me even bringing it up anywhere.

The nerve of some people.

i'll trade you your blood dragon for sonic generations
#42blakegallowayPosted 8/15/2013 3:55:02 PM
fatboy44 posted...
Most of the topics I've seen relating to this are because its a younger poster who doesn't have access to a credit or debit card. So that's understandable I guess.

Yes, but it's somewhat dubious when they have a high end gaming PC build in their sig. They're either straight up lying for a dollar's worth of games or they're too young to have a checking account. And to that point I don't see too many 14 year olds who know or care to have a GTX 780.
#43Mr_BankercatPosted 8/15/2013 4:24:32 PM
blakegalloway posted...
fatboy44 posted...
Most of the topics I've seen relating to this are because its a younger poster who doesn't have access to a credit or debit card. So that's understandable I guess.

Yes, but it's somewhat dubious when they have a high end gaming PC build in their sig. They're either straight up lying for a dollar's worth of games or they're too young to have a checking account. And to that point I don't see too many 14 year olds who know or care to have a GTX 780.

I was 14 when I built my PC, 15 now. I care about all that, too young to have a card though. Some people may be lying, but for a dollar it just seems silly.
#44MitsufreakPosted 8/15/2013 4:46:47 PM
TheOceIot posted...
but free is better

This man should be elected president
#45RainIsMyDrugPosted 8/15/2013 5:58:23 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
I find it ridiculous that people from first world countries have a hard time spending one dollar. I throw the word around about Humble bundle in my country and my friends buy it in droves.

Must be ashamed to have less money than someone living in a poorer environment.

Of course that I'm partially joking, but it's still ridiculous how some people can't spend 1 buck

sorry but 1$ can get me a double cheese burger :P Jokes aside ..
there no shame in begging for a key... I mean some people out there saving their 1$ toward their ipad or iphone..
#46Damaged7Posted 8/15/2013 6:46:57 PM
I have a dollar.

Give me some games.
---
Bold Text