This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate the Dead Space games

#31kickthegnomePosted 8/16/2013 7:58:09 PM
akuma634 posted...
How do some people think 1 one was better then 2? I haven't played them extensively but part 1 felt like a cheap quick console port with it's fair share of issues. Part 2 really felt right on the PC and then you have things going on like having the main character with a personality which makes a big difference.

I was rating them as the games themselves not as how the ports were.
#32Dark_SpiretPosted 8/16/2013 8:39:47 PM
im honestly a bit shocked with all the 2 down voting. i thought it was EASILY the best in the series. Most polished, best combat, best progression without sacrificing atmosphere, nice continuation of the story. Yeah it got rid of the haunted house vibe, but also got rid of the repetitive backtracking, environments, awful turret sequences and repetitive objectives. It brought a sense of urgency and tension while still holding onto the series' creep factor.

1 = 8/10
2 = 9/10
3 = 7/10
---
Currently playing: Divinity: Dragon Commander - Spelunky - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
#33Knighted DragonPosted 8/16/2013 9:25:27 PM
Played the first when it first came out, didn't like it enough to finish, only made it like 75% of the way through. It was okay, but not great, especially when you just got used to the jump scares and realized that was all the game had going for it. Constantly expect something to jump out every 2 feet, stomp on every corpse you see that you didn't make and the game was just kind of meh, gameplay and story were nothing spectacular and ambiance was pretty bad for a game that I was playing to be scared.

Never played the second or third one, I own all three and I'm trying to play through all three right now thanks to the Humble bundle, thus far, I've only made it like ten minutes into the first one and am having the same problem as before. Even with headphones, the game just doesn't have any real atmosphere or anything, it's just jump scares every 20 feet that are more annoying than scary
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg